LP Question for Bob

Old May 31st, 2005, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LP Question for Bob

Bob, we are looking at 3 nights in LP which will give us two full days and two half days (our flight arives at noon and departs at 1:50 PM). Does that sound like the right amount of time to see the sites? We would like to spend time walking around town, taking a boat to the Pak Ou caves and doing the waterfall/Hmong village/weaving village trip. Although I can wait until the end of June for your full trip report, I'd appreciate a little tidbit now. Too bad about Pattya (does it really s--k?).
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 03:23 AM

big time, but i have softened a bit today...

timing is right for LP..caves is full 1/2 day and think water falls the same...not all that far...

town is good for 2--- 1/2 days as well..not that mcuh there...night market every day,...town is really small...several wats...3 main ones...the palace museum is one hour ...only 3 streets with maybe 6 or 8 cross streets...main stuff is on one street---farang way....aka gpanda way
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 03:46 AM
ccc

How was the Pansea? Are you glad you stayed there?
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 07:32 AM

Craig, as Bob says, you can see LP in that amount of time. There are dozens of working wats in LP, and if you are interested can spend several days wandering through them talking with young novices. We spent a week there and really savored our time, but if you just want to see the main sights and sample the atmosphere, you can do so in your allotted time.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Bob.

Kathie, unfortunately our time (as always it seems) is limited. I hope we will be able to give LP the time it deserves. At a minimum we want to "sample the atmosphere" and your experience talking to the "young novices" is intriguing - my wife is actually the impatient one, so we will see how it goes.