Looking for the lowest airfare from LAX to BKK for Summer 2005

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im looking for the lowest possible airfare for LAX to BKK on May 31 - Aug 17. I would like the price to be $600 or less. I'm a really poor college student, but I really feel a need to backpack through Asia. I'm not interested in any tour packages.. just the airfare.
So far the lowest I have found is $681 from China Airlines. Does anyone know of anything cheaper?

Thanks for any advise!!

~FishRich
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 04:55 PM

I would also like to know about the cheapest airfare from Vancouver to BKK for Aug 1 to 21 of 2005. I have no idea where to even start looking! Please help!
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 06:21 PM

Fishrich We booked flights with Cathay Pacific Airways and paid 620 with tax per person from LAX to BKK. The deal was through travelzoo. Good luck.
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 02:22 AM

Silversix. Go to travelocity.ca click on dream maps(right side of the page, near the top) Put in Vancouver at the top left and click on Asia. This will give you an oversite of current prices.
Casey.
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 12:18 PM

Message: just back from SEA. Cathay Pacific had the best airfare. Received an e-mail from Northwest Airlines this morning to say they are having a seat sale. The airfares seem amazing - you have to book by the end of this month? Good Luck!
Old Apr 19th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks evryone for all of your help. We ended up booking through Orbitz for China Airlines. The price included the tax, which was a great relief. We only paid $714 for roundtrip from LAX to BKK.

Best wishes to all,
FishRich
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 07:01 AM

I live in L.A. county and fly to BK from L.A. I usually just call Thai Air or go into the Thai Air office on the South/East corner of Sepulveda and Grand just south of the 105 freeway to get my tickets. Thai Air prices are not that high...not as high as, for example, United and some other carriers. I JUST recently walked in there and bought a plane ticket without even calling over the phone first to make a reservation.I paid $1050 for high season Dec/Jan 2005/2006...the reservationist said that Thai Air has pretty recently had a price increase...but I still think that's a reasonable price. Or you can go down to Thai Town down on Hollywood Blvd. and ask where the Thai Travel agents are. If you go to the Silom gracery store on Hollywood Blvd and then go to the bookstore in Silom grocery store parking lot parking lot...you can ask folks there where the various agencies are. I'm sure they would know.There is one called Star Travel on a side street to Hollywood Blvd east of Western and 1 or 2 blocks west of Normandy.I have Thai and American friends who go to these agencies and get tickets for about $650 total with tax. I prefer to go to Thai Air and get unrestricted tickets in that if I cancel...even at the very last minute...I get refunded the entire amount minus only $75. Once I had to cancel at the last minute and just called Thai Air and my ticket was cancelled out and over the phone my account was credited the full amount minus the $75...unlike the American carriers in which you get stuck with the ticket, but can re-ticket it up to one year to any destination in the world as long as the new ticket is $1.00 more than the original ticket.You'll probably fine a cheap airfare in L.A. since the largest population of Thai people living outside of Thailand live in L.A. So they are regularly zipping back and forth to and from Bangkok.Hope this has been helpful. Happy Travels!
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 07:28 AM

Don't forget to check out EVA air.
We have flown them twice- in Evergreen deluxe- pretty cheap fares from Houston so it must be better from LA.