Reload this Page >

Limit on Baggage?

Search

Limit on Baggage?

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2001, 11:01 PM
Lizz

Limit on Baggage?

Hello, I am leaving for China this weekend. I talked to our tour group today and was reminded again about the 44 pound weight limit. I understand the limit is just within mainland China. Does not apply to Korea (a stop over for us) or Thailand which we will also be visiting. I understand China can charge absurd amounts for being over their 44 pound limit. Anyone have any experience with this? Coming home we leave from BKK and I understand we are limited to 70 pounds and can have two carry ons at that limit. Since we will not be landing in mainland China we are not limited to the 44 pounds. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Old May 16th, 2001, 11:43 AM
Ishoo

Travelled on Air China and they did weigh the checked luggage of the people who were checking in at the same time as us. We checked our luggage through when we left from Chicago to San Fransisco so I don't know if ours were weighed. In China no one even looked at our carry-ons and our checked luggage was handled by the tour company. My advice is to pack light and wear/carry your heavy garments.

Old May 17th, 2001, 05:20 PM
Bob

Just returned from 24 days in China, on 8 different flights our luggage was always weighed as a group, no problem. Our carry on luggage was never weighed.

Old May 24th, 2001, 06:20 PM
Mary Sprig

It worried us in China too. I guess the main concern is at the smaller airports. They said Shanghai & Beijing weren't a problem. Guilin & Xian were pretty fussy. They weighed ours as a group too (we were only four and luckily the other couple traveled light) Don't know how much it cost but the guides were all pretty concerned. Carryon is no problem.

Old May 24th, 2001, 07:00 PM
Andre Wijaya

Where are you from ? Please advice your name and travel agency's name ! Our company handling the Inbound Group also in Indonesia for Jakarta, Bali, etc. Please feel free to contact me !!!