lay over in hong kong

Search

lay over in hong kong

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lay over in hong kong

hi there!can anyone suggest how i will maximize my time in hong kong?i will be travelling on may 29 via cathay pacific to manila,will be arriving in hong kong at 11:10 am and my connecting flight is at 9;55 pm.i only have a shoulder bag,so mobility is not a problem.thank so so much.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 06:45 AM

Pass thru customs,grab some transport (taxi, light rail, bus) at varying expense, to Central, which seems to be where travelers want to go to. Central, a small region around a subway station of same name, is full of high rises and a few old remnants of British colonialism. If bending your neck upwards is your idea of a 'good time', then hang around and enjoy the view. Otherwise, walk to the ferry terminals and get a ferry to Kowloon, across the harbor. Hope you bought an Octopus card, smart money card, as it will save you plenty of headaches. Walk up Nathan road, eat some food, visit Shanghai street, get lost frequently and finally mosey back towards airport. That's HK in a nutshell. Oh, yeah, bring plenty of money.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

thanks a lot jobin.i do have a round trip airport express card to hong kong station,is it the same as octopus card?
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 05:30 PM

I think you have dedicated Airport express ticket only, not a general Octopus card. Suggest you use the ticket to transport to/from city and when arriving at HK Station 'rent' Octopus card at MTR Station for further city wide transport. Octopus card useful for many reasons and for many years, refundable fee.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 06:08 PM

For such a short visit, usefulness of the Octopus is debatable.