Kyoto Garden Hotel

Search

Kyoto Garden Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 02:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kyoto Garden Hotel

Is this an ok hotel in a good location? We've been quoted 7350 yen per night. Too good to be true??
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 03:05 PM

Doesn't look bad from their web site, but is that the one person rate?
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 03:35 PM

That is their lowest price for their "double room". Bed Size is 195cm X 140cm. They show that as the December/January special rate. For the Double Room, they show 7,350 yen~9,450 yen for the online reservation special price. I would assume that the lowest price would be for a lower floor that faces the street. But, it looks like the hotel is set back from the street.

Scroll to the bottom of this page:
http://www.kyoto-gardenhotel.co.jp/room_e.html

The picture of the double room is showing the whole room. The side of the bed that you can't see is up against the wall. The camera is in the corner and it looks like there is about two feet from the bottom edge of the bed to the wall where the window is. There must be a tv in the corner to the left.

Actually, that price is in the range of the "Semi Double" online special prices.

If your rate is for the Double Room, then you got a good price, if the bed size works for you. If the 7350 is for a Semi Double then it is not so good as the bed is 18cm narrower.

The twin-A looks better than the Double if you can get it for 2100 more.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

They have quoted for a double and it is per room per night. Breakfast and taxes are also included! Sounds daft but I'm almost reluctant to book it because there must be something bad about it.

Is the location good? Has anyone actually stayed here recently? If so, please report back.

Many thanks!
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 07:42 PM

It's a double bed (aka full size bed) in a v. small room with a tiny bathroom. Your basic, functional, business hotel room.

Their website says it is 1 min walk from Karasuma Oike Station (subway).
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 08:28 PM

Wait a sec, that's the price with breakfast included? The rates I saw at their website said service charge and tax included but I didn't see any mention of breakfast.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 04:31 AM
Original Poster

Yes - I emailed them my reservation enquiry - their response said breakfast was included in that price. Although they never said if it was japanese or western. If japanese I probably wouln't eat it anyway... Do business hotels generally serve one or the other or both?