KUTA HOTEL

Old May 1st, 2010, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KUTA HOTEL

My daughter (21) and I are going to Bali this summer. She wants to stay in Kuta for 4 days. I need a hotel recommendation. Cost between 50-100/night. I would be willing to spend a little more but not much. I would like near the beach if possible as well. This trip came on very quick, we are leaving on June 5. I haven't done all my normal research yet. I know it is the big party area, that is it.
I found a great place in Ubud, thanks to Fodorites. Plus I have a wonderful place in Nusa Dua. I have peace and culture so a few days of party for her is fine. However, I am not coming up with anything I like in Kuta.
Thanks
Gail
Old May 1st, 2010, 06:28 PM

The "best" place to stay in Kuta is Poppies.

If at all possible, avoid Nusa Dua. It's a totally sterile tourist complex. There is no culture to be found in Nusa Dua. Choose a different beach area. My preference is Sanur, but there are others as well.
Old May 1st, 2010, 06:35 PM

i agree with kathie on both scores, especially about nusa dua....if you want that kind of hotel take a look at the hyatt bali in sanur--a fabulous little town, right on the beach or look at the conrad which is $$ but very nice....and lastly you might look at the newly converted pan pacific....it was a meridien until about 2 weeks ago and has specials for about $130...
Old May 1st, 2010, 08:50 PM

my husband & I stayed in Kuta on time share trade but it is also a hotel. I cannot reccomend it more highly. I have no idea how much they charge but it is in Kuta. The web site is www.risatabali.com We were assigned a 1 bedroom unit but I like to have my own bedroom so they upgraded us to a 2 for a small fee. The grounds were lovely-the spa was the best. My girlfriend & I got treatments almost every day. It was pure bliss. The beach close by is not that good but we had a guide take us to another georgous beach. Down the street from the hotel were places to eat but the one I found right before we left was called MaJolie. You go to the beach from hotel-turn right and it was down about 2 blocks or so . YUM
Have fun-I loved Bali
Old May 1st, 2010, 09:17 PM

For a 21 year old, I'd suggest that you move a bit further north. Kuta's lively, but Seminyak is much cooler. The Padma is a good choice as is the Sofitel.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Everyones sugguestions are very nice. Marmot, I was looking a Seminyak as well. Can you recommend a hotel there that I could consider? It dosen't look that far from Kuta.
Thanks
Gail
Old May 2nd, 2010, 03:52 PM

The Sofitel is in Seminyak. Padma is close enough.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 05:08 PM

We avoided Kuta due to its reputation as a hangout for drunken Australian football teams and other undesirables. That might have been a bit unfair, don't know, but I guess it's the place if you just want to party.

We were very happy with Sanur and our hotel there, La Taverna Bali Hotel, 29 Jl. Danau Tamblingan, and got a nice half-house arrangement in leafy grounds with access to both the beach and the main street. We paid about US$90 including tax but that wasn't peak season. Admittedly Sanur isn't exactly Sodom-by-the-Sea.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 05:30 PM

You might find Legian is a good compromise between being right in Kuta & something you'd prefer. As others have said, Seminyak is much "cooler" than Kuta.

Each to his/her own, of course. Personally, I avoid Nusa Dua like the plague; giant multi-storied "brass & glass" monstrosities, that could be anywhere in the world. No architectural or cultural reference to their location and isolated in terms of getting into the real Bali.

I find the Bali Travel Forum very useful for current information. A lot of the posters there have teenagers, so may be useful resource for you. www.balitravelforum.com
Old May 2nd, 2010, 06:55 PM

In the Kuta/Legian area, I like the All Seasons, although it doesn't have direct beach access. It's not far from the Padma and Legian hotels.

Up in Seminyak, Putu Bali Villas is my favorite. It's about 10 minute's walk to the beach, but the price is good value. It's also only about 5 minutes from Hu'u - one of the popular hang-out places.