kuala lumpur hotels

Search

kuala lumpur hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2003, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kuala lumpur hotels

Just wondering if anybody has stayed at the Mandarin Oriental or the Regent in Kuala Lumpur- any opinions as to which is a better option? thanks!
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 08:20 PM

I can't give you a comparison as I've only stayed in the Mandarin Oriental. But for what it's worth I think the Mandarin is wonderful! Great view of the towers, beautiful marble bathrooms, great service, great buffet breakfast (and dinner, too, actually), etc, etc. I haven't stayed in LOTS of fancy hotels in my lifetime, but of the ones that I have this one is the best.
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 06:40 PM

In terms of hotel itself, Mandarin is a better option with great view of Twin Tower and garden around.<BR><BR>However, Regent is on the Bintang Walk, probably the most busiest street in KL with lots of outdoor cafe and shopping malls. Also, it's more closer to some tourist spots like Central Market, Chinatown and National Mosque.<BR><BR>In terms of transportation and location, I personally prefer Regent, coz it's quite easy to get a taxi. In Mandarin/Twin Tower, there is always a long queue waiting for taxi and charge you surcharge over the meter.
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 07:47 PM

I would go with the Regent, I myself stay a little cheaper but I have had luch there and location quality etc all appear good.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 06:41 PM

If you have trouble getting a cab in front of Mandarin, walk over to KLCC and get one in front of Isetan.<BR><BR>And never pay a surcharge on a taxi... ask the driver for his id number and phone number of his supervisor and he'll change his tune!
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 11:22 PM

I go to KL once a year and most of the expericed travlers I talk with rave about the Mandarin. I think it's the best bet. I also have heard people that like the Sheraton Imperial. Don't stay at the Pan Pacific since it's rather dated, however the KL Airport PanPacific is excellent but very far from KL itself, I stay there when I need to leave on an early am flight and it's a great break from the hussle bussle of KL downtown.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 05:04 PM

I can't give you comparison, but last time I was at KL I stayed at Mandarin Oriental. It also have the beautiful pool with city view. Located in next to KLCC, and I had a room with twin tower view (Petronas).