Krabi: How Late Do The Longtails Run?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are considering staying on Railey West or Railey East (we realize West is much prettier but more nightlife on east).

If we head over to Ao Nang for an evening of dinner and drinks will we be able to get back around midnight? Can we walk from Ao Nang to Railey?

Thanks!
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 04:51 PM

I have never heard of a track from Railay to Ao Nang.

The longtails do not run after dark, in my experience. We arrived Krabi around dusk and they raced us over to Railay so they could return to Krabi in the fading light. Also tides are relevant as the rocky outcrops near Railay are dangerous for the boats.
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 04:10 AM

Interseting question, sorry don't know the answer, personaly I would not want to do such a trip at night in a long tail boat. Maybe there is some larger boat that does the journey.
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 05:14 AM

Railay West is by far the prettier beach and nice to sit eating breakfast overlooking the sea there. However, it is a very short walk between the two, so which ever side you stay one it will not be a problem. Plenty of places to eat on Railay but I don't think I ever saw a longtail coming in that late at night. You cannot walk between Ao Nang and Railay. Why not stay in both places, they are both nice but Railay is more beautiful.
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 07:48 AM

We were at Railey in 1997 before the airport was built. At that time the boats stopped running at about 6 and peace & quiet prevailed. We returned in 2002, and the boats were running Railay to Au Nang all evening. Many people were dining at Railay from Au Nang along with, unfortunately, the noise from the boats. Most Railay diners, including us, are finished eating by 9. I don't know how long after 9 they run.