koh samui between x-mas and new years

Aug 11th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Original Poster

koh samui between x-mas and new years

i am planning to be in koh samui for the week between x-mas and new years. i'm looking for nice upscale place to stay with good spa facilities that is not too overcrowded with people? does poppies fit that bill? central samui beach resort? any other suggestions?? should i consider another part of the island? help!!
Aug 12th, 2004, 03:58 AM

try BOPHUT beach, is in the middle of the island, quite quiet. there is a resort at the end of the beach, forgot the name, nice, middle upscale with Spa. some resorts along that beach will put up candle light and floor mat with drink during night time, can listen to the weave and look at the star all night long. enjoy!
Aug 12th, 2004, 05:45 AM

Ecosolo: Sounds like you're a familiar w/Samui. We're renting a villa called Baan Tamarind for 5 nights in December. Are you familiar with their operation at all? We solely relied on comments on the web and pictures & descriptions from Sawadee.com site. Also, we're wine drinkers and were wondering if we need to bring our own or is there a decent selection of wine at the local liquor store? Thanks much.
Aug 12th, 2004, 06:39 AM

To make suggestions better are you looking for a busy beach area or something quiet or in-between, Samui has a good range of places to stay and many are right on the beach, also what is your budget? price can range a great deal from pleasant and nice budget places right up to sheer luxury private villas. Do allow for 'compulsory' Christmas and new year dinners and these can be pricey
Aug 14th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

i am looking for a place in the $250/night price range. i sort of like the individual cottages of poppies but worry that it's too close to the busy part of the island where there may be too much noice and traffic. after all, this is vacation! ideally, i would like stay somewhere that is far enough away from the main beach but not too distant that i won't be able to check it out one day if i feel like it.