Reload this Page >

Ko Samui quiet

Search

Ko Samui quiet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 11:12 AM
Sarah

Ko Samui quiet

Looking for a quiet place to stay in Ko Samui in the beginning of Feb. Have done lots of research and would like to know if anyone has experience with any of the following hotels/resorts:<BR>Mae Nam Resort<BR>Coco Palm Resort<BR>Peace Resort<BR>Seafan Resort<BR>All are in Mae Nam Beach or BohPhut Beach area. Preceptions of these areas would be appreciated too.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 01:26 AM
Margo

Peace Resort at Bophut is nice. Try some local priced sites, you may get some good deals, I used<BR><BR>http://www.r24.org/huahin.20m.com/samui/hotels/<BR>( Long url, cut and paste it, but takes you to their full price list in various currencies, though based on local prices )<BR>They base their prices on Thai Baht rates and have from $11 upwards, good choice.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 08:04 AM
fiona

Margo<BR>We are going to Peace Resort in July, booked through the site you recommended to Sarah. Have you stayed there? I would appreciate your views on the accomodation and other facilities.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 10:55 AM
Margo

We just stopped for a meal in the afternoon and the service was great and looked lovely, I put it in my 'book' as a great place. We had been booked into a place at Chaweng beach that was ok but we found Chaweng far too crowded. We will give it a try some time in August when we are going down for a few days from Hkg. That site has good prices because I found they base on Thai baht prices which is handy.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 11:33 AM
fiona

thanks Margo. We have also stayed at Chaweng and that is why we looked for somewhere a little quieter this time! Peace Resort certainly looks like a great place but it is always good to get views from people who have been there.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Tony

I will be staying in Bhoput in April. Can anyone recommend some good restaurants (thai) I am also looking forward to somewhere a bit quieter than the bustling Chaweng ! I am staying at the Peace resort. Thanks for the info on it Margo.

Old Jul 24th, 2003, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fiona---don't forget to give us a report on the peace resort when you return

bob

[email protected]
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 06:37 PM

Sarah
I just returned from Thailand a few days ago. We stayed in Koh Samui for a few days at MAE NAM RESORT. I have but only WONDERFUL things to say about Mae Nam. First off the beach is really nice and much less crowded than Chawang or Lamai. The resort itself was wonderful. MAE NAM RESORT is totally family run and everyone was super nice and helpful. The grounds are very well maintained as are the bungalows. We were lucky to stay in one of the beachfront bungalows that was seriously steps from the beach. I found the interior of the bungalow to be basic and well kept. Each bungalow has a nice deck with chairs for sitting. For the price: $1600 BHT which is about $43 this place is a steal! I would HIGHLY recommend this resort.

The Coco Palm was just down the road. We saw it as we were on a Catamaran ride along the beach. It did not look as nice. It does however have a pool if that makes any difference. We also passed the Peace resort when we were riding to town and it looked like the bungalows were closer to the main road. I'm sure they have beachfront bungalows too but not too sure how the beach is in that area.

The beaches can be tricky. We were supposed to stay at the Coral Bay Resort but moved once we found out there was construction happening on some bungalows and the beach was not too nice (rocky in places with tons of seaweed).

Have a great trip and let us know where you decide to stay in Koh Samui!
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 06:34 AM

I personally recommend the Samui Palm Beach Resort also on Bhoput Beach. Lovely smaller resort, nice and quiet. It has private villas and eight Beachfront Bungalows that directly face the sea and literally steps to the beach. I recall only one main restaurant but this resort didn't really need anymore than that. This place really glows at night when it's lit up.