accommodation in Koh Samui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 09:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to Koh Samui in July and have looked at a few hotels around central and south Chaweng beach. Are there any recommendations in the average + price bracket.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:40 PM

Some hoteks are suggested as below. Chk with your travel agent or on the web for best rates.

1. Anantara Resort & Spa (5 *)
Surat Thani 84320 Thailand

2.Imperial Samui (4 *)
86 Moo 3, Chaweng Noi Beach Bophut, Koh Sami, Surat Thani 84320

3. Imperial Boat House (4 *)

4. Amari Palm Reef (4 *)
14/3 Moo 2, Tambon Boput, Chaweng Beach,Samui Island 84140 Thailand

Good bill hunting
rickshawdriver
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:51 PM
Original Poster

thks rickshawdriver
what is the banana fan sea like?
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 06:26 AM

There's a lot of choice in Chaweng, Poppies is a good safe bet, I haven't been in Banana Fan but it gets good reviews on Sawadee, there are over 70 places in Chaweng and probably 20 would fit into the average to better category. You have a lot if styles to choose from. Are you thinking more of say Beach Bungalows/Cottages, modern style hotel, or perhaps a boutique place ? The Banana Fan like I said get good reviews, having decided which beach you want to stay in is probably wise, if you want busy with lots going on Chaweng will suite. The Nora is also worth looking at if you've fixed on Chaweng as your choice of beach. If you were looking at other beaches the options would naturally be different. July is busy on Samui and Chaweng will be very busy. There are a lot of smaller boutique style places like Zazeen but that's at Bophut.
If you want to tell us a little more about the syle of place I am sure many will come in with particular tips, the banana Fan would probably cost between $50 and $400 in July depending on type of accommodation. You can check the reviews on Beachsiam, about 120-140 Samui places, honest reviews or go staight to Sawadee ( but I have said before 1 perosn can hate a place , another thinks it's heaven, next one thinks bed are too hard, next one the beds too soft, one person says staff were rude, next says staff were the friendliest ever, so don't take reviews as the absolute, naturally those with more reviews will give you a better idea than those with one or two comments ).
There are a lot of really great places but do decide just how much time you will spend at the resort, if you want to spend your time around the pool or you plan on taking a lot of day trips and excursions, $ 50 would get you a decent room at somewhere like the Malibu Beach resort, $75 with a Jacuzzi in Chaweng.
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:30 AM

although not in your desired area, but 15 minutes north, i would put in a plug for peace resort, just north of bophut town....great little family run resort with good comforts, great pool, decent beach, and reasonable very good restaurant...i paid $82 beachfront last year...inclusive of breakfast and tax, etc
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:08 AM

I was going to do my usual 'push' for Peace Resort but I thought you didn't think much of the beach Bob? I hope that Ferg has checked out the different beaches because as is known you can either love staying in Chaweng or not, some prefer the other beaches.

Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 05:46 PM

Hey Ferg:

Banana Fan is a relatively new hotel about 2+ yrs old. So I bet you could get some real pepped up & savoury service as staff enthusiasm is usually on a high note with newly opened properties.

Any good hotel on the Chaweng beach area should make your day. The choice would revolve on your purpose of travel viz. honeymooning, just friends or kids & family or the solitary soul searching.

Rickshawdriver.