KL Shopping and Berjaya Times Square

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be arriving in KL for 2 nights on 19th February, visiting as a stopover on the way home to Australia basically for some last minute shopping. I am mainly interested in purchasing clothing and electrical goods (are they much cheaper?). Can anyone recommend any good shopping places to visit? I was thinking of including a visit to Berjaya Times Square - is it worthwhile?
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 04:51 AM

Hi,

What sort of clothing are you after? Branded or not? Also what electrical goods do you want? Digital cameras? MP3 players? PDAs? I can then recommend where to go.

I personally don't like Berjaya Times Square. The type and mix of shops within are bettered elsewhere and they don't have a solid anchor tenant. About the only 2 noteworthy attractions there are: (i) the indoor theme park and (ii) the IMAX theatre (which is now showing Polar Express in 3D).

Thankfully, apart from Berjaya Times Square there are several shopping complexes in the vicinity (e.g. Lot 10, Sungai Wang Plaza, etc).
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Original Poster

Hey, thanks for the reply!
I'm after branded clothing.. mainly imitation and shoes.
Also, I am looking at purchasing an mp3 player and possibly a digital camera too!
Are there any good (cheap) restaurants you can recommend?
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 05:14 AM

Hmmm... not much by way of imitation branded clothing (except maybe for t-shirts and shirts). Imitation branded bags and leather goods are more common. For the imitation stuff, go to Petaling Street.

Of course if you want the real thing, head to KLCC or Star Hill

For an MP3 player and computer stuff & peripherals go to Low Yat Plaza (near Berjaya Times Square). You can find digital cameras there too (and also in Sungei Wang).

Remember to haggle!
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 05:21 AM

Cheapest places to eat are at the hawker stalls, next the food courts (basically glorified hawker stalls). These mainly serve local fare. Expect to pay about A$1.00 - 1.25 a serve at hawker stalls, maybe 1.5x - 2x that at food courts.