Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

KL Airport - Pan Pacific Hotel / others?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Kat

We have a night of layover (10pm - 7am!) at Kuala Lumpur and would like to get recommendations for a decent hotel *near the airport*.<BR><BR>The Pan Pacific Hotel KLIA is right at the airport - but has anyone been there? Or do people have other picks?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>Kat

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 04:18 AM
Jen

I've never seen it, but when I saw the hours you'd be there my first thought is: what difference does it really make? You'll only be sleeping there. And I'm sure the Pan Pacific is "decent." <BR><BR>I wouldn't worry about it!<BR><BR>Jen

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 07:13 AM
nl

Is ok <BR>I was there two weeks ago, I paid 200 MYR plus breakfast. Good value for the money

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 05:02 AM
Helena

No one has mentioned this, but KLIA is MILES AND MILES away from KL city (one hour drive). Your only choices should be at the airport. I don't know if there are others, but the Pan Pac should be very decent (and it's new, anyway)

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Sarah Rey

There are only 2 at the airport, the best value is the Concorde Airport hotel, about RM119, 5 minutes from terminals, free transfer. Rates on http://www.asiatravel.com.<BR><BR>Pan Pacific is nice, RM 200 a good rate.<BR><BR>The rail link is due to start(?started?), Asiatravel should have that info.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Jen

Yes, last time I was in KL I confirmed that the train from KLIA to KL Sentral should be operational in April. From KL Sentral you can take the Putra LRT line into the city, or just catch a cab, as I'm sure there will be lots queued up there.<BR><BR>However, if you are only in KL from 10pm to 7am it's not worth the trouble. If it were 10am to 7pm I would definitely say otherwise, but no - just stay near/at the airport and get some sleep!

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 10:51 AM
GAYLE

The KLIA train starts operation on the 16th April. They are having free tickets if registering on www.myerl.com for tickets between 9-5pm from the 1st April until the official opening on the 16th.