Reload this Page >

Ko Samui in April

Search

Ko Samui in April

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 11:16 PM
Katie

Ko Samui in April

Me and my boyfriend are off to Ko Samui in April staying to the boathouse hotel. Are there any particular restaurants, places to go to that are a must?

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 11:27 AM
Katie

Someone must hae been to Koh Samui...pleease!!

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 10:48 PM
Vic

We were in Koh Samui years ago. You take a ferry to this island that coconut trees abound. They also use cabbage in practically everything. <BR><BR>There were alot of European tourists when we were there. And they're not abit shy in their beach attire either.<BR><BR> There are all types of accomodation...from the fancy hotels to the thatch huts. We spent each night in a different part of the island. Thus we were able to enjoy all types of local. Our favorite was the Chawaeng Beach. The beach was beautiful...sandy and balmy. Early in the morning if you're lucky, you'll be able to watch the fishing boats come in with their nets full of squids. The villagers wait on the beach with their baskets to buy squids from the fishermen and they wash and clean their squids right there at the sea shore. <BR><BR> Mind if I ask you a question? Why do you want to go there at the hottest time of the year???

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 10:58 PM
D. S..

I was in Koh Samui a couple of years ago. I flew from BKK to Surat Thani then take a ferry to Koh Samui. It took about 1.5 hr. Chaweng is the nicest beach on the Island in my opinion.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:34 AM
Katie

Did you go to Choeng mon beach? That's whre we are staying, are there nice restaurants in Koh samui?

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 08:28 AM
kim

I was in Ko Samui last april and stayed at the boathouse. I am returning again this april. The hotel is nice but kinda out of the way. However it is easy to take a taxi/tuk tuk type thing to town. It is a great place to relax!!! The hotel has good food and the breakfast has lots to offer, but like any hotel you know you can get things cheaper, even in a land where things are already very affordable. If you walk out to the beach and turn left you will find many restraunts along the beach and all are very good, they offer everything from pancakes to hamburgers to fresh fish all are good and good priced. In town there is a mexican rest. run by a canadian that when you think you have had enough thai food is fun.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 01:37 PM
Katie

Kim, are the regular rooms at the Imperial Boathouse ok? I've heard loads about the boat suites but not much about the rooms in the hotel