KimJapan elephant question or anyone who can answer

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2007, 03:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello - I read the trip report of KimJapan from 10/11/06 and I also want to do the elephant camp at the Elephant Conservation Center. I haven't had any luck connecting with them. I am booking my hotels and I would like to know the dates that are available etc., etc. Do you have an email address for them?
Thank you
Deborah
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 09:22 AM

lots of people have had similar problems,,,, i am sure kim will assist you....any ice in mexico these days...?? the usa seems covered with it..

bob
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 09:23 AM

deb---did you see the post entitled: "..best kept secrets..." ?? check it out there are a couple of food things included..
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Hey Bob, only ice here is in my margarita!

I just printed off the posting of best kept secrets - I am getting so excited! My file is ENORMOUS and growing every time I check into the board!
I have been very undecided about whether to stay at the Majestic Grande hotel or the Siam Heritage and now this from the Old Bangkok Inn. The posting is so appealing that I am tempted . . . .
But, I love to have windows and a view - which leads me to believe that probably the M.G. should be my choice.
No booking done yet but I think it will be happening any day now - YEH!
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 01:19 PM

I contacted Supat. He keeps a website at www.changthai.com There is a reservation inquiry form that you can fill out, and he will get back to you soon, like within a couple of days. If not, send it again. If that doesn't work, I have an e-mail address somewhere....I can hunt it down if needed.
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 01:29 PM

http://www.changthai.com/booking/index.php is the booking link.
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 02:21 PM

bookinghomestay at gmail dot com
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 03:56 PM

deb...remind me about when the trip is??

i have not been to the old bkk inn, but generally i know where it is....i am concerned that getting there and back presents a small problem sometimes...the skytrain is not far but traffic is very heavy in that area often...its actually getting away from there that presents the problem, not getting back...just a thought...

the thing about the MG is that the price is right and the location is so excellent, but it is a hi-rise hotel...
if you do a slight upgrade from the basic room it will be superior all around...his nibs can have his tent outside in order to stay rustic and authentic....haha
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Thank you KimJapan. I booked a spot - I think. I will post when I get a reply from him.

Hi Bob - Í'll have to think about the tent idea . . . . . .
We are leaving SFO - PEK May 24, returning BKK - SFO June 24, Yipee!
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Calling KimJapan . . . . . . .
I thought that I had registered for the 3 day program at the ECC, but no reply yet. I would like to email them direct if possible to ask if they received my booking. Do you have a direct email address for them? I am trying to be patient but I guess I am way too excited and anxious to confirm a spot.

Deborah
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 03:23 PM

bookinghomestay at gmail dot com worked last month. Or try supatclub at gmail dot com. It's also possible that your e-mail filters out his replies...some programs reject e-mail from certain servers as spam or junk, so be sure to set the address you use as an OK address to receive mail from.
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 03:35 AM
Original Poster

Once again thank you KimJapan. I have tryed with the two addresses that you posted so hopefully I will hear soon.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Original Poster

Just to say that I am h a p p y girl! I got my confirmation for the 3 day Mahout training program at the ECC! I am looking forward to it.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 03:13 PM

I'm so glad you finally got that worked out. Do be sure to bring sports sandals that you won't mind throwing away at the end of your 3 days. You can buy them on the street in Chiang Mai for not much money. The smell of the eles on your shoes doesn't wash off or wear off or smell good....you won't notice the smell until you are out of the camp, and then you'll wonder why it stinks...it's you! It's your shoes! Easy solution...disposable ele shoes. Sneakers are also not recommended...when they are wet (and they will be) they are miserable to wear....I know, I went the sneaker route and regretted it. My husband and daughter were happy in sandals that strapped on tightly. Flip flops don't work...get lost in the river or fall off in the middle of the jungle (I know that too...I tried flip flops after my sneakers were drenched).

Enjoy!