Kerala Trip

Old Mar 13th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kerala Trip

Planning an April trip to Kerala...7-14 days depending on how much time i can take off. Can someone help with itinernary, where to stay, eat. Do trip on my own or use agents. How easy/hard is it to get around with just english?
TX
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 09:45 AM

I can only speak about Cochin, particularly Fort Cochin. Stayed there in December, 2006. Loved it! We stayed at the Old Harbour...just completed. Beautiful rooms, nice pool, great location. Fort Cochin is a place you can easily walk around in on your own or take an auto-rickshaw if you get tired walking. Edgar at the hotel can arrange a car to pick you up from the airport and return you. No problem with just using English.
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 02:00 PM

Check here for some itinerary ideas- http://travelvirus.com/
It depends on wht yu wanna do . If yu have the time arrange yurself ......if not get a tour ......we did the second and enjoyed our time ...Do not miss Periyar & house boat stay - highlights of our trip
enjoy
Old Mar 18th, 2007, 01:33 PM

just returned from Kerala - God's own country! Must visit Thekkady - stayed at the Taj Garden Retreat - a beautiful setting. beautiful 4 hour drive from Cochin - where I stayed at the Taj Malabar - lovely sunsets; Houseboat - one day to experience backwaters also a must see - settle on a BBQd lobster dinner - they furnish meals ; byob - they anchor overnite near a village - also a good experience near rice paddy fields. Vembanad lake ; English spoken everywhere. Also get an ayurveda massage in Thekkady for Rs 700 at Arya - a walk from the Taj garden Retreat.Make sure you are drinking ONLY mineral bottled water .
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 06:17 PM

Hi Jookie, You will love Kerala... it is unlike the rest of india, and I swear you'll never see that many palm trees in your life! Not sure what your budget is, but we loved the Kumarakom Lake Resort... a bit pricy, but worth the $$$. The overnight house boat experience was incredible and serene, just bring your mosquito repellant. The food is excellent at the resort, and the service is great. Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!