Reload this Page >

June Thai Vacation

Search

June Thai Vacation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 11:47 AM
Karen

June Thai Vacation

I've got an unexpected opportunity to visit Thailand for 2 weeks in June (12-23rd). Would like to top and tail with a few days in Bangkok, with 6 nights in Hua Hin in between. Not sure if the weather is good at that time. Any help greatly appreciated. Also any feedback on Sofitel in Hua Hin.<BR>Cheers.<BR>

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Margo

Hua Hin rainfall is about the lowest of any beach resort, e.g 3 inches for June compared with 12 inches for Phuket. So no prblem there. Sofitel is known as the 'Raffles' of Hua Hin, superb hotel in design and service, bang in center of town but directly on the beach. The beach is not so good as further along towards Marriott and Hyatt, but if you want a real class hote, Sofitel it is!<BR>The area near Sofitel and Hilton is very 'European', go a couple of blocks in either direction and you'll find the 'Thai' Hua Hin. La Mer is great for seafood and views, another lovely beach place is Baan Tambor(? spelling) for a simple dinner but lovely location. <BR>Bali Thai is top Thai restaurant and they have a show every night also.<BR>Limo transfer to/from Bangkok is B 2,500 so don't let any hotel/agent 'sting' you for more.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 11:16 PM
Karen

Margo, that's great. Many thanks for all that info. You sound very knowledgeable - may I ask if you have travelled there or have you lived in that area?

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 05:45 AM
Margo

I live and work in Bangkok and try to get out of the city most weekends, hence I go down to Hua Hin a great deal, plus also the odd weekend in Pattaya. If you need any more tips do ask. If you want a great night out go where 'in the know expats and the locals go' to the Grand Plaza in Hua Hin, nice restaurants, cabaret shows, good Thai discotheque also. There is also a great place called 'Praemai' beyond the railway track, they have nightime golf range and great seafood, totally off the normal tourist track. Believe me Thais know how to enjoy themselves, head straight away from the normal tourist areas and you'll have great fun.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 11:52 AM
Beth

Mind if I drop in on this? my fiance and I decided Thai was the place to go for our honeymoon, June 13-27, and I'm interested in any ideas you might be exchanging! We're also spending a few days in Bankok, 4-5 in Koh Lanta and surroundings, then maybe Ayuthaya and Chiang Mai for a few days. Any advice? Thanks! Good luck Karen.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Karen

Margo, many thanks again for all your help and recommendations. Much appreciated!<BR><BR>Beth, I spent a week in Bangkok back in 1991 and had a wonderful time. Its a fabulous place - with great people. I found it an exciting, exhilarating city with many fascinating places. Dont miss the Grand Palace. wishing you and your fiance a great trip and a great Honeymoon!!