Japan Trip Report and Pictures

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I were in Japan from December 10th to December 18th. We went to Tokyo, Hakone and Kyoto.

If you would like to read the trip report, here it is:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34916530

If you would like to see the pictures and some videos, here they are:
http://www1.snapfish.com/share/p=275...=SYE/otsi=SALB

If you have any questions, please let me know!
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 09:12 PM

I was unable to view your photos. Snapfish gave me an error message when I clicked in.
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 09:26 PM

The link to the photos only works if you copy and paste the entire link...the highlighted part is not complete so you will get an error message. Once you get to the photos, you need to register (free) in order to view the photos.
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 04:29 AM

Manisha, thank you very much for the fabulous reports and the pictures which visually supported and illustrated the story. It is not only a great help for trip planning (as this whole forum is), but also is an interesting read, detailed, pleasant and quite different from official guidebooks. Thanks again for posting the pictures and taking time to write the report.
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

ifeniks:
I am glad you liked the report and pics and found them helpful. When I was planning for the trip, I found reading through other's trip reports not only helpful, but enjoyable as well. I continue to do this even today

If you are still curious about Kansuiro...I am not sure if you saw my post on the other thread about the Kansuiro pics. My pics didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, so you cannot see much of Kansuiro in them. But I remembered this one section on their website that has clearer pictures of their rooms, the ryokan and the onsen. I missed this the first few times I checked out the website because the nice pics are in a link in the "Facilities" section. Here is the page:

http://www.kansuiro.co.jp/eng/kansuirouguide.html

Click on "Click here to view a selection of interior and exterior photographs of the Kansuiro Ryokan"
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 06:54 AM

Manisha, thank you for the link - it is helpful, as I missed it completely even though I have looked at the web site quite a few times. I decided against Kansuiro, but again, your report was extremely helpful to make this decision. We'll go to a higher end ryokan most likely, like Ginyu or Kinnotake, for a multitude of reasons. Again though, I am able to say it with such a degree of certainty thanks to your report and pictures. I still have to watch the videos later on.
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Ginyu and Kinnotake look really nice in the pics on the internet - I hope you have a great stay. Hakone is beautiful and it is so great to have a good soak in a hot spring at the end of a tiring day
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 09:42 AM

I'm so happy that you enjoyed Kansuiro. You are welcome, thanks for remembering me There was recently a poster who considered staying there but had read a review that said it was creepy or gloomy or something. He was looking for something open and airy, IIRC. I'll have to find that post, and come back for the rest of your report and pix.
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 01:16 PM

Thank you so much! Helpful report, wonderful photos!
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 09:52 PM

I'm just beginning to plan my first trip to Japan and I really enjoyed your photos. Thank you for sharing them with us!
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 08:04 AM

Thanks for the trip report and pictures. We visited many of the same places back in July and it was fun to see them again. Snapfish seems pretty easy to use. I switched from snapfish some time ago to kodak easyshare. But probably either one is a neat way to share pictures. Thanks again.