Japan beach resort with toddler in may

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2015, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just researching ideas. My best friend from college lives in Burma. Burma is just too far for me to travel from the U.S. with a 3 year old. It's a bummer but my son also has numerous food allergies and I just don't think I can handle the potential medical emergency if something happened in Burma.

Hence Japan, I thought maybe we could meet in the middle. Any thoughts about where to go? This would be the week before Memorial Day in the U.S. and probably over the Memorial Day holiday. I would love a beach resort for a few days as my son loves the beach then we could also spend a few days traveling around the country.
Old Feb 23rd, 2015, 06:43 PM
kja

No advice, except to check japan-guide, which is an EXCELLENT source of information about traveling in Japan:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2461.html
Old Feb 23rd, 2015, 11:18 PM

Japanese go to Hawaii for beaches. There is also Okinawa, but not easy to get to from Burma.

On the main islands, I think the closest to be a "beach resort" are probably in Kyushu. Places like Ibusuki just south of Kagoshima. But that's not easy or cheap to get to from Burma either.
Old Feb 23rd, 2015, 11:58 PM

Well, I think Its a quite fantastic experience to visiting these places. One can fully enjoy from nature by visiting. So, I'll definitely recommend you people to have visit to these places. So, you could full enjoy nature
Old Feb 24th, 2015, 06:03 AM

We recently visited friends who live in Ito, on the Izu peninsula. There are some beautiful beaches in the area and there are also lots of golf resorts. I am not sure if there is anything in the area that would be considered a beach resort. We really enjoyed the area, parts of it reminded us of Laguna Beach in California. There are lots of hot springs resorts. It is close to Hakone and Tokyo.
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. You all have saved me tons of time trying to figure out if such thing as a Japanese beach resort existed. Hawaii won't work, I even thought about Fiji, or Tahiti or the Philippines. Or going to europe like turkey or Greece. Those seem about the same distance for both of us.