James-help with Samui hotel

Jun 15th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

James-help with Samui hotel

The Peace Resort only has standard gardenview available. We need 2 rooms for 2 adults and 2 children in each. Should we go with the standard(I really wanted beachfront) or find another place? Can you suggest a family friendly alternative close to the Peace pricerange? Also not on the crowded beaches.
Jun 16th, 2005, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Jun 16th, 2005, 06:49 AM

Take a look at these in Bophut area

Lawana: 2,200 to mid July then 2,800

Waterfront: has a couple of family bungaows ( 2 rooms ) 3-4,000 for the family bungalows total

Smile House: Family chalets and bungalows, 2,800 to 4,400 for a family bungalow or chalet for family

All those at huahin.20m but if you are in a rush click this and it is sorted in price order from most expensive downwards, then click about with those at Bophut or Lamai, remember rates are 'from, another tip I can give is that if you us the site you can happily put in 5 or 6 requests ( they don't mind) for different places and also click the little book which asks if they can offer other similar places, too

long url so copy and paste

http://r24.org/R24/R24hotels.php?r=s...cur=USD&promo=

Jun 16th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

thanks James. Which of those 3 is your favorite? Or should I go with the Peace Resort even though its a Standard Gardenview room. I'm looking for family friendly but not too basic or rustic. Maybe around $100/night as we need 2 bungalows. Also what do you think about Laem Set? I know its in a totally different area.
Jun 16th, 2005, 09:27 AM

Bob is around on the board at the moment, do a heading " Bob - Question about Peace Resort" as he has been there more recently than us which is a while back now, personaly it didn't bother us about being at the front but I know there has been some building so Bob can give you an update more recent on it. I would perhaps go with somewhere where we know the good/bad points as opposed to ventruign forth, however did you read those reviews? Waterfront seem very well run and was a good honest report.

Jun 17th, 2005, 08:59 AM

I have been twice to the Peace Resort- and will probably go again. Great place. We went superior gardenview the first time and beachfront the second. Superior was lovely but I really can't see two adults and two children in them. yes you would in the beachfront.
The standard garden view is a fair bit smaller than the superior and I would have thought that 4 people in it would be impossible.
Jun 17th, 2005, 10:22 AM

I think tnnc wants to have 2 rooms so on that basis should be ok, I am thinking that if only the garden rooms available perhaps better off that venturing into one 'we' do not know so well. When we were there I 'think' they had just one small put up bed for the kids, but ours are small so they are happy anywhere but if at the age to have own bed then going for 2 rooms should be fine, anyway keeps the costs down if you have to pay for 2 rooms, that is when some of the family bunfgalows and even suits come in pricewise better than 2 separate rooms.
Jun 17th, 2005, 10:24 AM

Just as a tangent off that topic we do very well ourselves by going to moderate hotels and then paying for the 'best room' or Suite, often we stay at places that are about B 1,000 a night but pay say B 1,600 to 2,000 for the suite, naturally it might be a bit rough around the edges but there are distinct advantages in being the top paying customer as opossed to one of the many!
Jun 17th, 2005, 11:05 AM

Remember though that there are two grades of gardenview- standard and superior. Standard is quite small and I really can not see 2 adults and 2 children in one.
Jun 17th, 2005, 11:08 AM

http://www.peaceresort.com/fact.htm
standard is bedroom only- 32 sq metres
superior is bedroom and sitting area- 42 sq metres.
Jun 17th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks James and Fiona. I actually need 2 bungalows because we have 2 families going-each with 2 adults and 2 children. I was afraid the standard garden view would be too small, really wanted beachfront but the hotel itself and precisionreservation says there are no beachfront available. I'm waiting to hear from huahin.20m. Do you know if it helps to keep trying different booking agengies? White House Resort has Jr. Suites available but I don't think they are beachfront. Do you know if White House or Bophut Resort are as nice as Peace?
Jun 17th, 2005, 03:05 PM

Sorry
I don't know. Have you tried asking on
http://www.travelforum.org/thailand/main.html
There is bound to be someone there who can help! Also try
http://forum.sawadee.com