Reload this Page >

iPod Charger Adapter

Search

iPod Charger Adapter

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2006, 08:47 AM
MommieC

iPod Charger Adapter

I am overwhelmed by all the different types of travel adapters...I only need to charge an iPod (60G) and a battery charger (for my camera). What do I bring that is small?
Going to Beijing, Shanghai & Hanghzou.
Thanks! MC

Old Jun 13th, 2006, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
most modern gear has an auto adapt within it to adjust to the current used, so all you need is the plug adapter...read the instructions on your units--that came with your units
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 10:07 AM

Newer iPods like your 60G do not come with an A/C adapter. You need to buy one (Item # M9837LL/A, $29). It accepts all voltage (100-240V), but it comes with only a US plug. Most Chinese hotels have two round plugs similar to Europe, so you'll need to get a plug adapter for that. [The hotel may also have the US-style A/C plugs in the bathroom, or the UK-style plugs with three large squares. But it definitely will have the two round ones.]

If your battery charger for the camera is also 100-240V, then all you need is the plug adapter. You can share one between your battery charger and your iPod power adapter, if you don't need to charge both at the same time.

You can get those plug adapter at Radio Shack and various travel, electronics, and general stores.
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 10:17 AM
MommieC

Excellent! Just the answers I need.
Thanks. MC

Old Jun 14th, 2006, 06:54 PM

Sorry. I forgot to mention that there are 3rd party travel charger for all newer iPods with the dock connector, including your 60G.

Like the Kroo, which accepts 100-240v, for as low as $5.99 at some merchants.
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 08:49 AM
MommieC

Decided to forget the battery charger for the camera...didn't want to drag around so much stuff (charger + adapter + plug)--opted for batteries.
Invested in a power adapter for the iPod for recharging - was assured by Apple that it was OK without a voltage converter.
Hotels supposedly have round plugs in room + 3-prog plug in bath. Bought the Radio Shack plug adapter kit. Apple sells an adapter kit which enables switching out the prongs, but it is pricey @ $40!
Already spending a lot and I haven't even gone! Tomorrow's the big day...wish us luck!
Thanks!MC

Old Jun 19th, 2006, 08:56 AM

Yeah, I have the Apple plug adapter kit. It's very nice and elegant, but not necessary and very expensive. Therefore, even though I have it myself, I don't usually recommend people getting it unless one travels to various countries a lot.