Search

Indian people who do miracles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indian people who do miracles

Hi!
I’m planning my trip to India and I have heard a lot about people that do miracles. I’ve heard about yogis demonstrating psychic vision, mind reading and telepathy. If you know such people, could you advise me how to meet them? Please write on forum or by e-mail
Old Aug 19th, 2007, 05:33 PM

Hi,
Sorry for my answer, but I think they are called fakers, or someone who will scam you out of your rupees!
Hope your miracle is curable.
Stay well,
Doc
Old Aug 19th, 2007, 06:03 PM

Right on, Doc. A subscription to the Skeptics Society would be money better spent.
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 11:32 AM

Alexey, you may know that in India there are many routes to enlightenment. One route is called the "Fakir" (and no, it neither means nor sounds like faker). These practitioners do things like walk on hot coals or beds of nails. You may well find these people as you visit various holy sites in India. I certainly saw some of these people when I was in Nepal years ago.

There are people everywhere who claim to perform miracles, and it appears that this is what DrRalph and Neil are referring to.
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 04:57 PM

Alexey,
Not sure what you're looking for or where you live, but I read about an incredible man in Brazil. He is known as "John of God". Check it out. kp
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 05:55 PM

And there's an incredible guy in the States who does miracles - I've seen him; amazing - he can fly, disappear, produce lions and tigers out of thin air - I think he had a church somewhere in Las Vegas. He is known as Swami David Copperfield. Check him out.
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 03:49 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, koreaprincess, for your link but it is not for this time - India is in other direction.

Guys, I’m only seeking people in India who mastered telepathy; EMOTIONS are not what interest me. If you have information about people who evince paranormal abilities, please let me know. If you don’t know such people, tell me – you don’t. Thank you.
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 05:50 AM

I once talk to a Thai doctor at Cedar Sinai in Los Angeles what he thought about a very famous monk who claimed to be able to perform all sort of miracles. His reply was - "when the monk was diagnosed with cancer he flew to LA and came to me for treatment".

Telepathy is not an exact science and I don't criticise people who believe in it but to ask a travel forum about such thing is stupid. What kind of an answer, from mostly complete strangers are you expecting?
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 05:58 AM

Here you go:

http://online.fortune.telling.thefut...e_telling.html