Ibrik by the River

Nov 12th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Original Poster

Ibrik by the River

Once again I have another question. Has anyone stayed at Ibrik by the River? I have never been to Bangkok and don't know how much it costs to cross over the river, if it is inconvenient or time consuming. Can someon please help?
Once again thanks, you all are so helpful.
Nov 13th, 2005, 05:04 AM

You just need to type "Ibrik" in the search box and you'll find plenty of useful information. If you still have questions after that, post back.
Nov 13th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Mealea, I had already done that before posting the message. But none of the posts answered my question directly, as I could find. Most people were considering staying there, I saw a few posts that complimented its service and interiors, but I need more logistical information. So if you or anyone else has some advice I would be grateful.
Nov 13th, 2005, 04:45 PM

costs to cross is pennies...how often depends on what type of boat you take but they are fairly frequent...
Nov 13th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Original Poster

rhkkmk thanks. that confirms my decision to stay there. Gobe, the owner has been so quick to reply and very gracious. It seems a decent value considering our unfortunate timing of HIGH HIGH season.

Nov 13th, 2005, 08:26 PM

The location, in terms of being right on the river with a fantastic view, is perfect. During the day, there's no problem getting around. You can walk to the ferry pier in 5 min. and be on your way. It's cheap and easy. However at night, the boats stop running. If you're out late, you'll have to take a taxi back. That can take time and money. I think the best room is the Sunshine Room. Hope you have a nice stay.