I live in Taipei, if I can help..

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2003, 11:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,<BR>When I plan a trip, I usually come here and get some useful information. I'm always apprecatiing those kind and friendly people sharing their personl travel experience here.<BR><BR>I think since I'm a local Taiwanese, living in Taipei so many years, traveling around Taiwan quite a lot, maybe I can also help those peole who want to visit my country but can't get further information about it. <BR><BR>I'd love to help you if you have any questions about Taiwan. But I have to let you know that I'm just a travel lover, not an expert, so I can only tell you what I know.<BR><BR>Have a good day. <BR><BR>Grace
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 04:36 PM

Grace,<BR><BR>How long of a trip is it to get to the bottom (southeast) of Taiwan? Would it be a good trip to travel by car? I'd like to see some of the beaches if possible down there. I can't find any hotel information for cities down there though.<BR><BR>Thank you.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 04:50 PM

Greetings GRACE,

Hope you can help me.
Will be on a cruise that stops in Keelung on Oct. 2 from 7a.m. to 4p.m.
Can you tell me if this city is close to Taipei? How far?
Is there public transportation available where the ships dock?
With the limited time in port, what would you suggest as far as sightseeing?
Not a shopper. Like historical and nature things.
How will the weather be?
I appreciate any and all information you can give. Thank you.
Please e-mail me direct [email protected]

Hope to hear from you soon.
Joanne
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 04:59 PM

Hi Grace-

Thanks for your offer. I'm traveling to Taipei next week (Dec. 9) for just a few days, on business. I've never been to Asia before so I'm a newbie! Can you advise me on how to prepare to get from the airport to the hotel? I'm flying Eva Air Evergreen class (thanks to this list I knew to check for that!) and staying at the Crowne Plaza. Somewhere I read I should have a card with the hotel name in Mandarin - do you recommend that? Should I get local currency before I leave Seattle, or will I be able to use an ATM card at the airport?

Thanks in advance-
Deborah ([email protected])
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 06:34 PM

hi grace...thanks for the offer....i plan on spending a few days in taipai next spring on my way to bangkok...can you suggest a well situated hotel, not at the top level of cost but maybe a four star? also how best to spend my touring time and any shopping tips....

thanks...bob in boston
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 05:42 AM

Hi Grace,
I found your message on Fodor's talk forum from 2003. I'd love some information on Taiwan. My husband and I will be making a stopover in Taiwan in October 2005 - arriving one day, 2 days to tour, departing on day 4 for Hong Kong. Where in Taiwan would you recommend going, what should we see, what should we miss, is there a city tour bus (maybe in Taipei) that is good for sight seeing, like a open top double decker type of bus. Also, hotels and restaurant information would be great. I appreciate any information you could provide.
Thanks,
Joy
Old Jan 6th, 2006, 04:02 AM

Hi Grace,
I hope you have a Happy New Year!
We are 2 Males arriving in Keelung March 29th 2006 at 8am and depart at 11pm. we are aboard the Cruise ship Nautica. Do you know how to get a private guide to show us around the Taipei area. All the other places we have been We have hired local guides/friends to show us around. But I have not been able to find on for Taiwan. Do you know of any?

thank you for the help.
John Schmidt
[email protected] or
[email protected]
Old Jan 6th, 2006, 05:15 AM

Grace- we may include Taipei at some point in the future. here are a few questions:
1) What are the best months of the year to visit with rerspect to weather- not hot, not cold and certianly not rainy/
2) Is English widley spoken? Are the menus in English?
3) How is the Dim Sum there?
4) Are there markets, night markets for shopping? (not wet markets)
5) What 5 star properties are there that are centrally located to major sights and markets?
6) Do the taxi drivers speak English?
Thanks
Old Jan 6th, 2006, 10:13 AM

from the date of the OP I think that Grace is no longer around
Old Jan 6th, 2006, 12:27 PM

John, wish I can help you. I was born and raised in Taipei and went to college in Keelung, but did not go back since I left for Los Angeles many years ago, but am going to visit there in 03/2006 by taking advantage of the great deals offered in www.enjoyingtaiwan.com/en/
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 08:30 AM

Grace, we have a cruise ship stop in Keelungom March 6 and don't like going on the ship's tours. What would you recommend? We dock at 7:00 am and leave at 6:00 pm.

Many thanks for your kindness.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 06:49 PM

Grace,
My daughter and I will be traveling to Taiwan in July 5 - 11, 2006. We would welcome all information on sight seeing, cultural exchange, shopping etc. Also, we are member of the Starwood properties, (WESTIN, SHERATON hotels). I would love to hear your recommendations on the better location and best hotel. Thank you