Reload this Page >

Hua Hin, Thailand-Hotels on the beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 08:23 AM
Austine

Does anyone have any suggestions for really nice hotels that are directly on the beach in Hua Hin-Cha am area. Also would a taxi be willing to drive us there from Bangkok? If so how much would it cost? Also any suggestions for a reasonably priced hotel that is centrally located in Chaing Mai. Will be going to Thailand in August. Any information would be greatly appreciated. <BR>

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 09:16 AM
Donna

Hi Austine, you are in luck, we are in Hua Hin at the moment !! Golden Sands is between Cha Am and Hua Hin, right on the beach, little way from town but they have a regular mini-bus ( as do all hotels out from town ), lovely beach. About B 2,000 I guess. Anantara nearer town, right on the beach, lovely, but about B 3,500. Sofitel Central, Hilton and Central Village all on the beach ( B 3,000-B 5,000 I guess ). Royal Garden Resort is a good bet, nice beach, good choice. I always use www.asiatravel.com as they have very good rates indeed and also have all the hotel details. From Bangkok airport the Limo ( air-con Mercedes ) charge between B 1,500 and B 2,000. That is only a few hundred more than a taxi, so go for the 'Mercedes'. Getting back to Bangkok is cheaper, about B 1,200 by Hua Hin taxis. <BR>We have thoroughly enjoyed Hua Hin, have been to Phuket twice and Koh Samui also but Hua Hin is the cleanest and friendliest of the lot, absolutely 'no' hustlers whatsoever which so spoil so many resorts across the world. Cheap shopping at night market, great seafood. <BR>Do post if you want any more info, we are here another 2 days. <BR>Donna & Mitch

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 09:28 AM
maragaret

Royal Gardens Resort is on the beach. Also the others mentioned. For top class the Sofitel Central ( of movies fame ) is a 20's style classic hotel, about US$100 a night tops. Fabulous. Don't miss the Thai dancing and Ciultural show at the 'Bali-Thai', it's great. Agree Hua Hin is a 'treasure' and so far so undiscovered, for how long we ask. Ideal for families. <BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 06:54 PM
tracy

Four of us stayed at the Rabiang Rua Beach Resort just north of Cha-Am. <BR>Its closer to Petchburi. They had 10 thai type boat houses right on the beach with fresh water swimming pool. We went during the week in February and had the whole place to ourselves. It seems like its a thai tourist place so it fills up on weekends. The manager spoke english. The rooms were great. The area is a fishing village so it was alot of fun to watch them pull the boats in while having breakfast. Than we had the whole beach to ourselves during the day. We thoroughly enjoyed the relaxation after hectic Bangkok. We didn't go there for nightlife. We took a private car for 2500 baht from Bangkok. You can find and book the hotel through <BR> <BR>asiatravel.com under the headings of Cha-am and Huahin. Booked many things through them without a hitch good company in my eyes.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 03:31 PM
Reginald Foy

Tracy, you are right, Asiatravel always does us fine too, never use anyone else. We tried to find that boathouse hotel on 2 trips, maybe it's very remote, not easy to locate. We usually stay at the Anantara which used to be the Royal Garden Village. It is true that there are some lovely beaches around Hua Hin and Cha Am, we much prefer to Phuket or Koh Samui. I am sure it is the reknowned 'no hassling' policy in Hua Hin that attracts so many people, what a joy to buy a souvenir for 10 or 20 baht and not be prestered by anyone. Joy!

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 11:09 PM
tracy

Reginald, <BR>Give the boat houses a try next time. It truely was a great experience. There is a printable map to the boat houses on the boat house site on the asiatravel.com site. We just gave it to our driver so we got there okay. He only had to backtrack once! It is in pecthburi which is closer to the floating market than hua hin. A nice quicky trip out of Bangkok. Give it a try...you won't be sorry.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 05:33 AM
Rich

i am going to Bangkok and Hua Hin in June. Can't wait!! I am staying at the Dusit Thani in Bangkok and the Dusit Polo in Hua Hin. Anyone know about the Dusit Polo? Can you also give me additional ideas for evening entertainment?

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 06:32 PM
Sarah

Lucky you, the Dusit Resort & Polo Club, absolutely wonderful! Although 'listed' as Cha Am it is between Cha Am and Hua Hin. Cha Am is very small and not too much going for it in the evenings. In Hua Hin your driver will drop you ( the Dusit has regular mini-buses to/from Hua Hin all day and until late night ) in the center. DO go to the 'Bali-Tha Restaurant' which is real Thai style and has great food and service, and very cheap. The Night Market has many bargains. Seafood restaurant on piers over the water are very pleasant in the evenings. If you fancy some livlier action the Rickshaw Club at the Hilton in center of Town is clean, smart, trendy. For local atmosphere(Thai music, singers ) try Star Planet for a drink, its noissy but well behaved, see how the locals enjoy themselves. The Bali-Thai has Thai classic dance and cabaret shows too. Shopping is much more pleasant than BKK as other poster said, no pressure, no hassles. <BR>Rickshaw rides around town are popular, the National Park for a day trip plus maybe the River Kwai for a day. I am sure you will enjoy, we always have to 'pass by' the Dusit as our budget does not stretch that far!!