Hua Hin Queries

Search

Hua Hin Queries

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hua Hin Queries

Has anyone stayed at the Chom View Hotel - would like some feedback on it and its locality to shopping and restaurants. Also are there any elephant rides that can be done in HH?? am taking my teenager for a holiday and would like to do something other than just shop!!
Old May 24th, 2007, 05:34 PM

Sorry, Chom View doesn't ring any bells.

In HH, the thing to do is ride horses on the beach. You might also consider taking a day trip down to Sam Roi Yod ("300 peaks&quot national park. There's a raised walkway through mangrove swamps and mud flats.

Lastly, on your way to or from HH, stop off at the old royal palace and observatory in Petchburi.
Old May 24th, 2007, 07:24 PM

there are elephants up in the hills above HH.....you can go there and see what they offer....we just fed them...
Old May 25th, 2007, 02:09 AM

We stayed at Chom View a few times but years back now.
It is a large hotel/holiday apartments complex, past the Hyatt area before Let's Sea and Wora Bura.
It's on the beach.
It's quite large but just has restaurant area, there are 2 pools ( or were!), one small one in the main area where the 'hotel style' rooms are.
Then there are several rows of condo style ( few floors high ) apartments down to the large pool which is above the beach, you then step down to the beach.
These include 2 floor duplex apartments, they are good for say 4 to 8 people, large ones have 2 floors with 2 bathrooms ( shower only but not sure ). All have refigerator, kitchen area no more thank a sink, refrigerator, I am not sure even a microwave or not, sorry can't recall.
There are no other facilities.
These realy are very similar to what you would find in holiday apartments places along say the Gold Coast, mainly catering to families and small groups, the hotel rooms we did not stay in but I would guess from the rest basic air con twin rooms with shower.

Opinion: If there was a group of say 4-8 who needed a couple of bredrooms and more space then I would say 'yes', ok for that to keep the costs down compared with a major hotel/resort. It is also quite a walk to the main road to get local transport ( though most places have town shuttles these days ).
There's no convenience store nearby, you would need to walk perhaps 10 mins or more to main road. Restaurants nearby like Let's Sea are upmarket places.

However, if just 2 of you then I honestly don't think it would suit ou at all ( sorry ! ).

I think you would be better off nearer town, shops and restaurants, perhaps Veranda Lodge ( don't confuse with Veranda Resort which is in Cha Am ), that is on the beach and you can walk easily to main road where places to eat, easy to get acrosss to the large Hua Hin Market Village Shopping Mall. On main road during daytime local songthaew to and from the central market just 10 baht ( 40 au cents )

This one is south of Marriott but a long way before Hyatt, ( Bo knows both so can perhaps relate that location wise in better wording than I ). That sounds ok for a parent and teen, unless you sday go for the Marriott which again would probably suit you well.

If you tell us how much you plan to spend it is such a great help. Chom View is around the AUD 70 range, Veranda probably about AUD 10-12 more.
AUD 48 gets you a twin at the Bluewave ( this is tall high rise ) or about AUD 110 for a 2 bedroom suite ( 2-3 star comfort standard but good if you wanted 2 rooms ! )and further from Chom View but on better beach with beach Thai restaurants, palms, some local watersports, fishing village and temples,about 10 minutes walk to the songthaew bus stop into town. Easy walk to 7-11 style shop, few local places to eat. You are perhaps 5 mins further from town but wider beach and more activities. You can hike up to the hilltop temple, feed the monkeys etc.

There are also cottage / bungalow Bed and breakfast places in that same area that are good value like Ocean Breeze. Some with 2 bedrooms, probably within your range.

But if you want to be in town itself do tell us.

EWlepahnts as said in hill above town and south of town, Sam Roi Yot National Park just south of town is a must, wetlands and caves and beaches, you can also take a day trip to Koh Talu island at Bang saphan for snorkeling, a great fun day trip, something in the AUD 100 each region with transport, beach lunch and snorkeling.
Old May 25th, 2007, 02:18 AM

If you want to see photos of those others: (look under Hua Hin, Hua Hin Town and Takiab Beach ) as those are town and close to town

http://www.r24.org/huahinwhatson.com/huahin/hotels/

Ignore Pranburi, Paknampran etc as although northing against them they are way too far away / remote for a teenager and yourself.