accomm in Langkawi Island

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We want good value resort in langkawi with a fantastic pool and easy to get to other restaurants. Any suggestions and which website has the best package rates?
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:29 AM

Langkawi Village resort does not have a large pool but pricewise it's inexpensive value for money, nice beach area cafe and you can walk from the rooms right onto the beach, 2 star I would say but quiet pleasant, it's abit further down from some of the others at centai but you can bicycle alongh quite easily, should be USD 50-65 range. Mutiara or Berjaya if you want to go one scale up or the Pelangi if you want 4 star. Last time I went I used:
http://www.malaysia.travelreporter.c...wi_hotels.html

Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:39 AM

we had very good luck at the sheraton out past the airport....it is very large however
Old May 3rd, 2005, 02:18 AM
Original Poster

I have heard the sheraton langkawi and the Pelangi beach hotels are both good. which one is the better of the two?
Old May 3rd, 2005, 04:32 AM

Now you will really open a devate! First there are 2 Sheraton, one near Kuah Town and one on beach north from the airport. The one near town I am not a fan of, the one on the beach is ok but a bit removed from other places. My own humble opinion is that the pelangi winds straight out, very nice desgin, large rooms, big pools, great restaurants including an excellent Thai one, large beachfront, also located close to other places and local restaurants.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 04:36 AM

Just to add, if you have not been to Langkawi before it is a very quiet and relaxing place, restaurants tend to be hotel restaurants, there are a few others and some local places for great Malaysian food but don't expect any nightlife or entertainment at all ( except the band in the lobby of the Pelangi ). If you are looking for 'quiet' then it is a very attractive island and easy to get around, car rental is cheap and the best way, driving is slow and easy going. But don't expect lots to do and although it is promoted as a tax free shopping place this doesn't mean lots of bargain electrical goodfs etc, it seems for the most part to be general goods ( aimed at the Malaysian market ), cigarettes and alcohol.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 05:21 AM

pelengi is very nice as well...it was one of our top choices for our trip but we settled on the sheraton as a known entity....
Old May 4th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Original Poster

Thks for the info..we are more foodies and enjoy all Asia cuisine. We have done the nightlife bit and wanting a relaxing time with day trips...I think we have turned into a pair of boring young farts!!
Old May 4th, 2005, 04:27 AM

bon ton near to the airport was a very good restaurant...may not still be there