Hua Hin Hyatt vs. Intercontinental

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am considering one of these hotels for a 3 night stay. Have read all the reviews on Tripadvisor and am now looking for some input from Fodorites. Which has the better beach/pool access? Which is closer to town/restaurants? Any other comments welcome.
Old May 12th, 2017, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only stayed at Hyatt once 5 years ago, so maybe I am not up to date with this info. Intercontinental (IC) is one of my favourite hotels in Hua Hin, the other one being Centara Grand which is right in the middle of the town. I stayed at both hotels many times, last time in February and just can't wait to stay there again in July.

Hyatt is much larger than IC, lies on bigger lavish grounds and has several pools. I like the beach by the IC better, they clean it every morning so it looks nice, but I don't really use the beach much.

Rooms at Hyatt are small, dark and run down, especially bathrooms. Club is not at the beach, and service/value for money can not be compared with either IC nor Centara.
Breakfast quality, service, club are all miles better at IC.

There are different room categories at IC but my favourite is pool terrace room, they are good size with direct acces to a small pool. You can opt for club access which is good value imo. IC is attached to a new shopping mall Bluport with many dinning options, otherwise you need to take tuk tuk to get to town from both Hyatt and IC.

What about Centara?
If Centara had rooms with direct pool access and club by the beach I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else