Hua Hin ? Hilton, Marriot or Sofitel

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 01:00 PM
Louisse

Hua Hin ? Hilton, Marriot or Sofitel

Looking for suggestions to which is best on beach in Hua Hin. Looks like the beach at Hilton not as good as Marriot. What about Sofitel or Regent ? Many thanks anyone.

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Steve

we stayed at the Royal Garden in Hua Hin last fall. Fabulous room right on the beach, and a hotel with a sense of style, from the oversized bowls of fruit to the hanging kingsize bedlike swing full of cushions to the gardens and lamps-- among the finest I've stayed at. really a find.

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 09:00 PM
Pas14

Hi there,

I would not recommend the Hilton, as it is a standard modern impersonal hotel.

Both the Sofitel and Marriott on the other hand are in the style of lush tropical resorts. The Sofitel, does have some old world charm, insofar as the main hotel was originally a railway hotel built around the 1920s. My persnal preference is for a villa in an adjacent section of the Sofitel. But in any case, whether it be the Marriott, or the Sofitel, you should be quite pleased. Check for their special packages.

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 10:21 PM
sarah

Agree the Sofitel is marvelous but next to it is 'Central Village' which has lovely villas in the garden. The Marriot is also excellent. Royal Garden 'Village' is now the 'Anantara.
The Hyatt Regency is due to open later in the year.
Beach at Marriot although quiet is not as secluded as at the Anantara(aka Royal Garden Village), Regent just up the coast at Cha Am is also reputed to be excellent though I have never stayed.

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 10:12 AM
Pas14

The Central Village to which Sarah refers is very pleasant. Management has now been taken over by the adjacent Sofitel and one has access to all of the facilities of the main Sofitel hotel.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 01:22 AM
James Allen

I'd go for Marriot or Anantara, both directly on beach. Check your air-miles as Marriot give mileage for most airline cards.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 06:14 AM
stevens

I was at Hua hin last week and Marriot ,I do believe that has the best location on the beach. Beautiful hotel, great service and wonderful weather.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 11:28 AM
James

The Hua Hin Marriot is getting very good feedback, right on the beach, the upgrades since they took the hotel over ( was previously Royal Garden Resort ) are apparently excellent.