Reload this Page >

How to get from Siem Reap/Phnom Pehn to Hanoi

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 11:59 PM
bloom

We are planning to go to Siem Reap/Phnom Pehn and Hanoi over 2 weeks (at end of Oct02). Can someone pls tell us how do we get to Hanoi from Cambodia (either SiemR /PhnomP)? and what we should look out for? Thanks,

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 04:46 AM
Mary Anne Cook

You will have no problem traveling between any of the places mentioned by Vietnam Airlines. I have traveled to all of these places by using this airline which is very good.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 11:58 PM
bloom

how much does this cost? from Hanoi to SiemR? How much time should i spend in Hanoi?<BR>thanks

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 07:56 AM
Mary Anne Cook

The website for Vietnam air is vietnamair.com.vn<BR>You will be able to find the info you need. I am sure from Phnom Phen you would be able to take this flight. Hanoi is a favorite city . It depends on your interest how many days you spend there. I would say 5 days would be good. You may want to go to Halong Bay which could be a day or overnight trip. A guide to explain The Temple of Literature as well as some other sites would be informative. Just to wander the street taking in the street market is very interesting. You may want to go to the Hanoi Hilton as well as some of the pagodas.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 08:05 AM
Mary Anne Cook

Reading back over my journal between Siem Reap and Phenom Phen you would take the Royal Cambodian Airline. This is only a 30 minute flightso the price is not that much. I do not remember the exact cost of these flights.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 11:16 PM
bloom

thanks. looks like all flights have to fo via HCM. We wanted to visit just HANOI due to time constraints. perhaps we will just do Siem Peap & P Pehn.