how to book train reservation from Delhi to Agra

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend and I have only one day to spend in Agra. I think there is a fast train leaving Delhi early and arriving a few hours later in Agra but I don't know how to book it. We would then come back on a later train. We are currently in Canada and our trip is in October. Thank you
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 09:54 PM

A easy way to do this would be to use a site like Yatra (www.yatra.com) or Cleartrip (www.cleartrip.com) for booking your train tickets. I personally use Yatra for most of my bookings but I've heard equally good things about Cleartrip.

Please note that train tickets can only be done 92 days in advance.
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 05:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used Cleartrip with no problems for my last trip. You can also use the Indian Railways website - http://www.indianrail.gov.in/ - although be aware that it partially goes down (and so does Cleartrip, which is based off it) in the middle of the Indian night.

If you haven't ridden Indian trains before you'll find this site useful: http://seat61.com/India.htm
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 02:34 PM

The Shatabdi Express is the daily train between Delhi and Agra, there may be others, just make sure they're non-stop.

Plan ahead on how you will get from your hotel in Delhi to the train station for a 6am departure. Don't stay somewhere that is too far or you won't make it to the train station with traffic. There is a good metro network if your hotel in near a metro line that goes to the train station.

They train booking system works during the INDIAN workday, so you may need to do your bookings at night your time.
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much to all who took the time to reply. The information has been invaluable and I have booked the train tickets. Also useful was preparing early for getting to the train station in Delhi.