Hotels in Puri?

Search

Hotels in Puri?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Puri?

Hello! I will be traveling with my husband (and possibly my in-laws) to Puri in December.

Does anyone have any information on the following hotels?
Toshali Sands
Mayfair
South Eastern (BNR)

Are there any others that would be considered 3 or 4 stars in the US sense or at least have A/C, are clean, rooms are reasonably decorated well and are located preferrably on the beach (ie rooms look onto the beach)?

I want this trip to be luxarious treat for both my husband and myself as well as my in laws.

Any thoughts?

Anne Sinha
Old Oct 29th, 2003, 05:07 PM

I visited Mayfair hotel in 1997 (I know been a long time) but I have aunts and uncles that continue to go there till today. It is a decent place with a private beach. I aslo stayed at a place, forgot the name, right next to Mayfair. Would not recommend that place no value for the amount of money that you spend.

Food at Mayfair was awesome

Old Oct 30th, 2003, 10:50 AM

I don't know Puri but I honestly would ask your In-Laws what they think, they would probably be in the vest position to arrange, I know that maybe it might be embarrasing asking them because then the costs etc has to be mentioned, I would 'bite the bullet' and just ask them what they think and tell them what you want to pay.
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 07:39 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your responses!

It sounds like from several responses here and elsewhere that the Mayfair is the best bet.

In answer to the question, we have asked my in laws (they suggested either the Mayfair or Toshali Sands) (cost is not an issue as prices are always going to be cheaper than hotels here in the USA (esp here in San Fran))

I just wanted the nicest hotel possible...

Thank you again for all your help!

Anybody else have any thoughts?

Any negatives on the Mayfair?

Regarding the Mayfair, do the cottages or rooms actually overlook the water? How far away is the beach from the room?

Thank you,

Anne
Old Nov 9th, 2003, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

Dear all:

Thank you so much for all your responses.

The Mayfair was completely booked during our time in India so we are instead staying at Hans Coco Palms.

Does anyone have any comments on the Hans Coco Palms?

It sounds like it was just renonvated and is near or on the beach. Is it on the beach?

Does anyone have any thoughts on what to do on Christmas in Puri? (we will be there for Christmas)

Thank you,
Anne Sinha