Hotels in Bangkok??

Old Apr 10th, 2005, 04:32 PM
LSV
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Bangkok??

Trying to decide which hotel to stay in Bangkok.... There are 4 of us traveling together and we want 1 hotel room - to decrease the cost. Marriott looks great - however they can't guarantee us a room with 2 queen beds. Any other hotels that are in the river area that you recommend?? Any thay are cheaper and still nice??
Old Apr 10th, 2005, 05:59 PM

The Royal Orchid Sheraton has 2 Queen beds. I don't know if they allow 4 people in a room-they do allow 2 adults and 2 kids though. Its probably a little more expensive than the Marriott, but also on the river.
Old Apr 10th, 2005, 06:01 PM

I forgot to add that I have a reserv. at the Marriott for 2 adults and 2 children for a Jr. Suite, with free upgrade to a Deluxe suite which has 1 bedroom. I booked through www.huahin.20m.com.
Old Apr 10th, 2005, 07:32 PM

i think you may have a problem with most thai hotels unless 2 of the travelers are small kids...

in the case of both the sheraton and the marriott, i specifically asked them about family rooms last june and was told that they did not have any...i also asked about double/doubles and was also told no....maybe something has changed....

both hotels could only offer adjoining rooms or a suite with roll ins for kids...

check it very carefully before making your res...
Old Apr 10th, 2005, 11:33 PM

We just stayed at the Marriott (riverside) and had a jr. suite that had two double beds. They seemed a bit larger than a dbl. but smaller than a queen. It worked for us. We booked the room through hoteltravel.com and then emailed the Marriott directly to make the bed requests. I requested two queen beds.

We also had four adults in one room. I was little concerned about this b/c technically...they don't allow four adults in one room. However, two of the adults were getting there VERY late and leaving VERY early...I guess I just rationalized it?!?

However, you only get two free breakfats buffets (which was wonderful!) Our firedns left early so it didn't matter for us.

Best of luck!
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 04:24 AM

Four of you together? Are you all adults? If yes, and you are happy to share a room to decrease the cost? Then why are you even considering the Marriott? don't understand. Must it by the river - are you only there for one night or something?
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 07:18 AM

rhkkmk-when you book the Marriott through Huahin, when does the hotel have the reservation? Is it not until you've paid the full amount and have the vouchers, or is it once you make a deposit. Also, do you usually call the hotel 800 # to check or email? And can you ask about the upgrade then, or do you wait until check-in? We booked a Jr. Suite, with upgrade to Deluxe suite, so I really want to make sure we can get the upgrade.
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 08:07 AM

interesting about the double/double at the marriott??? was this at the resort and spa on the river?? i spoke directly to the general manager there last june and inquired about this type of room and was told that there were not any and no plans to add them...maybe he heard my request and reconsidered....i also asked at the front desk and was shown around and saw none, including in suites....perhaps there has been a change---for the better...

on the hua hin site....i have never contacted the hotel after making the res. i don't think...everything just happened upon arrival as to room, upgrade etc... make sure you smile....have your thai husband do the talking also...
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 10:50 AM

I also found the double, double, comment at the Marriott interesting. From what I can tell even the Jr. Suite just has a King and then we can get a rollaway or two for the kids. I'm not sure about the beds in the Deluxe suite.
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 11:52 AM

we were told no...deluxe suite
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 06:06 PM

Does that mean you were told there are no deluxe suites, or no queen beds in deluxe suite? I called the hotel directly and they definitely have deluxe 1 bedroom suites-4 or 8 I think. I was even given the room sizes. They are the corner suites I think.
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 10:24 AM

we stayed at the Marriott on the river (thanks to Bob and Priceline) last October.
There were 3 women in one room with two large enough beds (not quite a queen).

when we booked with Priceline, i emailed the Marriott and requested a third person be added ($20 per nite which included breakfast and a rollaway bed which we did not need) and they graciously accomodated us.

I dont think any of the rooms would be comfortable for 4 adults....not enough room
or privacy. Maybe find a more affordable hotel and get 2 rooms adjoining.
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 10:33 AM

i did not write clearly...sorry....of course they have deluxe suites....i ment i did not see any double double or queen queen beds in any room period...

that marriott always will put one or two roll aways in for you but not for adults, i do not believe...it would be very tight overall, even just with 2 kids...bath is not that big either...