Hotels in Bangkok

Jul 27th, 1999, 10:10 AM
toom

Hotels in Bangkok

I have found two web sites for you;
www.hotels.siam.net
www.tat.or.th
When i entered the web site, there are telephone numbers and e-mail addresses, i think you can directly phone them, and ask them to charge you in local currency not in USD. I found some hotels at the riverside, but in my opinion Shangri-La would suit you most, check out the website and decide by yourself.
Have a good time.

Jul 27th, 1999, 01:28 PM
Les

We stayed at the Sheraton Royal Orchid hotel, right on the river. Very nice hotel, all rooms with a river view. Extremely helpful personnel; I'm certain that they could arrange for any tours you're interested in. Right next door to a river taxi dock and shopping center. I don't know what the rates are (the hotel was part of a package), but I'm sure you can find out on the net, or by calling the Sheraton toll-free reservation number.

Jul 27th, 1999, 01:29 PM
Les

We stayed at the Sheraton Royal Orchid hotel, right on the river. Very nice hotel, all rooms with a river view. Extremely helpful personnel; I'm certain that they could arrange for any tours you're interested in. Right next door to a river taxi dock and shopping center. I don't know what the rates are (the hotel was part of a package), but I'm sure you can find out on the net, or by calling the Sheraton toll-free reservation number.

Jul 27th, 1999, 01:32 PM
Les

Sorry about the double posting above - my machine said that the first one didn't go through. Not a very smart machine, I'm afraid.

Jul 27th, 1999, 05:55 PM
Glen

Hi there!

I have stayed at the Royal Orchid Sheraton which is nice and also the relatively new Montien Riverside Hotel which is absolutely incredible. Staying on the river is not essential though, and by far the best overall hotel I have stayed at in Bangkok is the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza located on the very central Silom Road. Everything about the hotel is great, service second to none and some of the best food as well. Quite a lot of the rooms do have river views. The prices of all 3 hotels are very reasonable, all are first class/deluxe hotels with fantastic standards and facilities. Hope this info helps.

Jul 28th, 1999, 02:05 PM
Kay

Joseph,
We stayed on the other side of the river at the Marriott Royal Garden Riverside and took the complimentary
sunset cruise. They were having a special at the time that we found on line at www.asiatravel.com We also spent the first couple of nights near the airport at the Rama Gardens Hotel which we liked.

Aug 5th, 1999, 02:01 PM
Michael

I just got a reply from the Grand Hyatt Erawan...which I stayed at last November. They offered me a superior room upgraded to Deluxe for $149 ++

I loved the hotel. And will probably go back and stay with them again. On the other hand...Westin has a sale price..90 or 100 with breakfast good thru Nov 30.

At the Erawan...they have a terrific 5th floor swimming pool area. Best breakfast I've had anywhere...and absolutely huge rooms.

Good location for the Erawan which is near a major shopping mall. Also Erawan is walkable to Lumphini Park. If you wish to go the the River (Chao Phraya) take a cab...to the Oriental hotel this is about a 3.00 cab ride ride...at the end of the block where the Oriental is...is the Dock where you get the River Express Boats....

e-mail if further questions...

Aug 5th, 1999, 08:47 PM
lynn

Michael -

We are going to Bangkok in November and were considering the Westin Banyan Tree. Where did you find the $100 rate? Can you tell me the site?

Thanks for your help.

Aug 18th, 1999, 04:04 AM
Chris

Hi!

The best hotel in Bangkok is no doubt the Grand Hyatt Erawan.

Chris

Oct 20th, 1999, 09:16 AM
Josh

The SUKHOTHAI hotel in Bangkok is awesome in every way. Very private and very posh. (it is a Platinum American Express fine hotel).

The ORIENTAL is one of the best, but I find it just a little stuffy.

Josh

The SUKHOTHAI hotel in Bangkok is awesome in every way. Very private and very posh. (it is a Platinum American Express fine hotel).

Josh

Oct 28th, 1999, 08:20 PM
WayneY

We're going to BKK in mid-January and have found a room at the Peninsula for $85 or the Westin for $90 plus taxes/service. I know the Peninsula is on the "wrong" side of the river, but we'll be vacationing so time won't be an issue, or will it? Any recommendations between the two? Can't get a lower rate than $160 plus at the Grand Hyatt Erawan. All prices from travelocity.com. Thanks.

Oct 28th, 1999, 11:25 PM
Sheryl

Wayne: I have been to Bangkok many, many times and always stay at the Shangri-La which I love, but just for a change, I decided to try the Peninsula. Great introductory rates ($120 for 1 Bedroom suite) and I do love being on the river. With all the boat taxis, etc. I have never worried about being away from downtown on the river and I am not worried at all about being "on the wrong side of the river." No issue especially if you are on vacation, as you say. I am going in a couple weeks and will be back late November and if I don't like the Peninsula, I will post here.