Hotels in Agra, Delhi, Jaipur

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2004, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am finalising my trip to the Golden Triangle in december '04. I need some help / input before deciding the hotels.

Me and my husband are traveling with my 20 year old son and will be share a room. It seems that many of the hotels do not allow triple occupancy. So here are my choices.

In Agra, which is a better, Moghul Sheraton or Jaypee Palace?

In Jaipur, I am leaning towards Jai Mahal Palace but if that is not available, how is the Trident Hilton? What about Rajputana Palace Sheraton or other recommendations?

In Delhi, I kind of have settled upon Park Royal but if anyone knows anything negative, please post.

Also, any feedback on Compass Tours (Durjay)? Is it OK / safe to give the money up front (seems early to pay for December in May).

Thank you in advance for the feedback.
Old May 21st, 2004, 11:27 AM

To pay Durjay in advance is really ok. I took a tour with Compass in April, it was perfectly organised. December is high-high season, i paid him in november for my trip in april.
In Agra you can stay in Jaypee Palace, i did that too & It was good but i'd rather have stayed at the Amarvilas (Oberoi). In Jaipur i would withount a doubt saty at the Rambagh Palace. In delhi i stayed at the Intercontinental, perfectly fine and you wont be there a lot.
Old May 21st, 2004, 11:32 AM

Barish, if you have the budget, ALWAYS choose an Oberoi hotel when you have that option. In Agra they have Amarvilas, in Jaipur there is Rajvilas and in Udaipur Udaivilas.
Old May 21st, 2004, 01:30 PM

I agree about the Rambagh Palace in Jaipur. I think you'll like it.
Old May 22nd, 2004, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all of you. Unfortunately, the Villas do not accept triple occupancy. Also, I found out Rambagh Palace is pretty much sold out for the peak December days. Does anyone know how I could stll get Rambagh Palace. I really wanted to experience a good heritage palace hotel!