Hotels by Hong Kong airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone recommend a hotel near the hong kong airport. Due to a change in our flight schedule, my son and I will have to land and stay overnight in hong kong. We have 24 hours to pass before connecting flight to Malaysia. Thought we could stay near the airport, then spend part of day at Disneyland. Suggestions for a hotel that is not really expensive?
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 05:39 PM

Only 3 hotels there. Regal connected to terminal and Marriott SkyCity and Novotel nearby. Since you are visiting Disney, might as well stay at one their 2 hotels.
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 06:10 PM

marriott has decent pricing for HK
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 09:04 PM

Stayed at Marriot by airport in January, very nice and you can actually walk there from airport in 10 minutes although they do have a free shuttle.
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:24 PM

You have posted another message about a choice of three hotels in Hong Kong for a trip at the end of April for 3 nights. I can’t tell if you are going to be in Hong Kong again for just 1 night as part of this trip, or if your trip has changed completely and you now will only be in Hong Kong for 1 night.

In any event, Hong Kong is only 30 minutes or so by train, taxi or bus from the airport so there is really no need to stay out at the airport. Of the 3 hotels on your other post, the easiest, IMO for 1 night would be the Holiday Inn Express. This is because you can take the Airport Express train to Hong Kong Island and then hop in a taxi for 10 minutes to get to the hotel. The others would involve the train and then either a subway or a longer taxi ride (although the Langham would not be much longer of a taxi ride).

I know you have a 9-year old son, but IMO there is also really no need to spend your only day in Hong Kong at Disney, which is quite small in any event and there are lots of other things he might find more interesting. Or try a home-grown amusement park like Ocean Park where you can see pandas, dolphins and also fit in some sightseeing on Hong Kong Island in your 24 hours. See http://www.oceanpark.com.hk/f_index.html. Or go to the Bird Market in Kowloon and the goldfish market area and then a temple; I think kids would find that interesting. Or the live fish market area in Wan Chai. Or take a ferry ride on any one of the various ferries. Or the Peak Tram. Or the street tram.

The Holiday Inn is especially well-positioned for taking the bus to Ocean Park, as there are several stops nearby where you can get a bus which would take you there in only a few stops.

If you really want to stay out by the airport, then another idea is to skip Disney and take the fun cable car up to the big Buddha. Then you can take a walk around the Buddha and then a bus down to either Tai Po or to the beach area in South Lantau. Take a look at http://www.np360.com.hk/html/eng. Or take a pink dolphin day trip, see http://www.hkdolphinwatch.com. (You could also take a short boat trip to see pink dolphins from Tai Po, takes about 45 minutes and costs substantially less, but seeing them is not guaranteed like on the longer day trip). Lots of options beyond Disney.