Hotel Majestic Ho Chi Minh City/ Saigon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2007, 06:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the Hotel Majestic looks like a very interesting place to stay. Has anyone stayed there? Is is a good place to stay?

Old Apr 21st, 2007, 06:29 AM

Oh yes, we stayed in September 2004 and we were so glad to have chosen it. It was recommended by someone on this post. The breakfasts are incredible. The buffet has all sorts of different style breakfasts and the service was excellent. I actually walked over to the Grand and the Rex and was so happy we chose the Majestic. A little on the older style, but was magnificent and you can't beat the room rates. We chose a room on first floor walking out to pool area. Was nice. It is pretty centrally located and you can walk over to many good restaurants and plenty of good shopping. Definitely my kind of hotel.
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 10:20 AM

We stayed there in the summer of 2005. The hotel is old but reasonably well maintained and well located. Some rooms are better than others, some face onto an internal courtyard.
I would use it again.
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 10:45 AM

Majestic is one of the biggest hotel in Sai Gon. It is locate in centre (Nguyen Hue Blvd) of Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
Beside this hotel, you can choose Caravell, New Work, Seraton r the same of location.
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 04:19 PM

We stayed there in March 2006. Not sure if I would do it again. Our room faced the river and it was incredibly noisy. The horns started beeping at 5AM.
The room was comfortable enough, but the lighting was terrible in both the bathroom and the bedroom. The pool area and the "spa" were very run down and shabby. The roof top bar is also pretty dumpy. We like the one at the Caravelle much better (Saigon Saigon Bar, great for after dinner drinks and a fabulous view.)

The location of the Majestic is perfect though. If I was planning another visit to HCM, I would look at the Renaissance, which is just a block over.
If you stay at the Majestic be sure to get a room facing the interior, NOT the river.
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

Thankyou all for your feedback! I am quite intriqued to stay there, but I will definately NOT get a river room - 5am starts are not for me!
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 08:24 AM

Is the Majestic Hotel the kind of hotel that I need reservations in advance, or should I walk up to the front desk and negotiate a price?

My flight lands at 11 pm, so maybe I need to make a reservation in advance, right?
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 11:08 AM

We have been considering the Majestic because it seems to have a lot of character. Some of the posts suggest that it is getting a little tired. Can anyone suggest a really good, small hotel with a lot of charm, and in a good location ?
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 12:54 PM

I really liked the Grand Hotel...We had a room facing the pool and a balcony and it was gorgeous.