Search

Hotel in Kuala Lampur

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Kuala Lampur

Hello Folks
I am going to visit Malaysia (KUL).@I wish if some one can guide me about the the stay at Kuala Lampur. Can I just walk in and have some room in the central city.
How far is airport from central city and the most economical way to shuttle from Airport to centre.
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 11:33 PM

KLIA is very far from the city, 60 km or more. The fastest way is the KL Airport Express.
If you just arrive in downtown KL you would find it a headache to walk around streets in and out of hotels to find a hotel with a room or how much you want to pay. It is easier to book in ahead of arrival.
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 11:45 PM

Unless you want to stay at really cheap hotel/inn, booking in advance is usually cheaper than walk-in.
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 05:59 AM
stjohnbound

You may want to consider taking a taxi into KL from the airport if your flight is very long. If you take the train (which is a really great way to go) you still have to take a taxi from the train station to your hotel. I would do a taxi to KL and then take the train back to the airport when you're leaving. Hotels in KL are really inexpensive - definitely make a reservation before you go.

Old Jun 8th, 2005, 01:12 AM

If it is the MO, Shangri-La or Westin it's better to book as they are often full on weekdays. Ritz is always avail.You'd pay rack rate if u walk in tho which can be 100% higher.
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 12:13 PM

Some years back we were in KL - we stayed at the Marriott - on the main drag there in town. It was very nice.
Also we took the bus from the airport to the hotel. It was easy - a very nice bus- then we transferred to a van for the final leg of the trip to the hotel.
Easy and inexpensive- another option to consider.
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 02:12 PM

The quickest way is to take the train. The train service can schedule a car to pick you up at the station and transfer you to your hotel - they even have porters to take your luggage. And it's less expensive than a taxi.

I stayed at the Ritz in KL back in November - had a great stay. The hotel was booked totally full when I was there. We got a great rate at asiahotels.com
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 06:10 AM

If you don't want top class place to stay the 3 star Grand Olympic near Chinatown area is about USD 28, Mida about USD 35, the 4 star Plaza is about USD 40 plus lots of more expensive places. The 4 star Melia is good value in the USD 55/60 area.
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 06:34 AM

I cannot remember the name of the hotel that I stayed in (quite acceptable), but I can tell you one to avoid: AttapSana B & B. I booked a room for there last November after reading a glowing report in Lonely Planet and seeing a glossy Web site. It was the worst dump I've ever been in. Even though I had paid for two nights' accommodation, I walked out, went down the street, and checked into a hotel, also mentioned by Lonely Planet, that cost $50/night. I had a beautiful view of the Petronas Towers, which, by the way, are far more attractive in real life than in photographs. ZZ