Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2020, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking for 3 night stay in HO Chi Minh City. We will be traveling with a tour group but arriving 3 days early to explore on our own before joining the group. the group is staying at the Reverie The hotel we are using for tour group is lovely but $375 a night if we also want breakfast included. It works out to 68.00 a day just for breakfast! Seems very high to me but we have no idea about eating breakfast anywhere else. I am Looking at New world Saigon Hotel for our 3 day stay on our own. which is $185 including breakfast for a top of the line room. Anyone know about this hotel or can recommend a 5 star hotel for us. this will be in November. Thanks for any suggestions
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Reverie seems a bit OTT for my tastes and, given the rates, I can see why you would look elsewhere. $68 for breakfast is o utrageous, even if it far exceeds the norm for SEAsian hotels which all seem to vie for the position of who offers the biggest spread! It depends what you want, but to compare, $2 will buy you an excellent bowl of Pho at any member of local places in District One.

Saigon is awash with hotels in the sub $200 /5* category. I haven’t stayed in the New World but it is a decent location. In that price range, I think I would probably go for one of the older "historic" hotels like the Rex, Majestic or Continental. Great locations but wherever you choose in District 1 I would check the position re ongoing construction work for the subway.

The Hotel Des Arts McGallery is very nice and a bit different and a good location or another Accor hotel we stayed at which was very nice was the Pullman Saigon Centre where you may be able to get a club room for that sort of price. The location is not quite as good though and, although we walked everywhere from there it would likely be a step to far for most.