Reload this Page >

Hotel advice for Bangkok

Search

Hotel advice for Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 06:21 AM
mike raineri

Hotel advice for Bangkok

We'll be in BKK in January. Prefer smaller hotels over large resort type chains. We still like large, comfortable rooms. Any suggestions? Has anyone stayed at the Tarntawan Place? Thanks

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 09:42 AM
Roger

Suggest the Prince Hotel, 1537/1 New Petchburi Road. 011662 2516171. FAX: 011662 25133218. Old but nice, large clean rooms with cable TV, big bath, refrig and 700 Baht (US$16) per day INCLUDING an American breakfast. Nice location also. I've stayed there for 25 years and will be there three weeks in November '00. Enjoy, ROGER

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 05:56 PM
pat

If you are looking for a hotel in quiet part of bangkok, I would recommend, Princess Hotel on Lanlaung Rd, a new hotel, quiet, and easy to commute to city. One more hotel, the old one right at the corner of royal square and can see the grand palace from the hotel is Royal Hotel on Rajadamneon Rd. <BR>Welcome to this city of angels.

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 07:17 PM
Pas14

The Tantawarn Place is quite comfortable, and extremely conveniently located on Suriwong in the center of the city. It can be recommended. <BR> <BR>Another small boutique hotel in the same area is the Swiss Lodge on Soi COnvent, just around the corner from Silom. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 11:46 PM
Jim

Roger, <BR>Can you suggest a web address for a map of Bangkok where I can see the location of the Prince Hotel? Thanks.

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 04:25 AM
Roger

Mike, Perhaps TAT (Tourist Authority Thailand) has one or call the Thai Embassy in D.C. for one. The Prince is listed on the Thailand Hotel Associatiion as a one star. Beleive me the location if OK. Additionally, if you need a car and driver for a day (about US$30 per day) call Dechar, CEL: 01-939-5052. He has a large nice air conditioned car and speaks excellent English.

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 07:05 AM
JP

I don't know how much this will help, but if you go to www.go.com, select maps, and enter Bangkok and Thailand, you can see a (not very detailed) map of Bangkok. New Petchburi Road is the orange one going off the right side about center. The hotel is maybe half way between the red expressway and the next orange road to the right. <BR> <BR>Another option would be the place we stayed a couple of years ago, the Bossotel Inn. It's half a block from the Shangri La, on a quiet street withing sight of the river. It was convienient for us because we were able to walk to the nearest Chao Praya express boat dock by the Oriental Hotel, and the express boats were our major form of transportation (most of the sights are withing easy walking distance of the river). We enjoyed staying at the Bossotel, especially waking up the first morining to find that our window looked down on a temple across the street. If you're interested, see http://cbu.net/hotel/Boss_bkk.htm. <BR>

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 10:26 AM
Roz

Hi Mike: <BR> <BR>My husband and I stayed at the Bossotel in a deluxe twin in the new wing. We thought it offered excellent value. I booked through hotstay.com and got the room for l300 Bhat a night. I have subsequently learn't that you could get a better deal if you call the hotel direct. Give it a try (02/630-6120. Fax: 02/237-3225) The hotel is small but the staff are very obliging and it is situated within walking distance to the river (which was the main form of transportation we used) <BR> <BR>Try the massage on the 2nd floor and the foot massage in the store next door (owned by Bossotel) - absolute heaven! <BR> <BR>Have a great vacation!