Honolulu GTG Report 2005

Search

Honolulu GTG Report 2005

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honolulu GTG Report 2005

Well, folks...back to L.A. from Honolulu. As far as the GTG went...well...on a scale of 1-10 it was an 11! OK...I know 11 isn't on the scale of 1-10...but this event was off the scale!We had a GREAT time. I laughed so much until I thought I'd have to Thai massage my cheeks. And the food...the whole table was covered with about every Thai dish imaginable.We were 11(?) people and the total bill was less than $200...a real bargain!So we tossed in $20.00 each. The restaurant was great...a tiny,down-to-earth Thai restaurant in a very quiet area. We had the whole upstairs area. As for the drinks...yes, Kuranosuke brought Sake... and wine(I think)...and there was champagne and lots more wine. At the beginning of the GTG, we were given a couple of leis and Isis gave out gift bags of macadamia nuts. Then at the end of the GTG Hawaiian Traveler pulled out gorgeous Hawaiian gift boxes stuffed with all types of edible Hawaiian goodies...Thank goodness,I got my gift box home in one piece...with only a few pieces of raffia missing. The boxes were made of some kind of natural plant fiber and decorated with ribbon and bows made of natural plant fiber with a little coconut shell coconut decoration in the middle...very pretty.I ran into Macy's at Ala Moana Shopping Center an hour before closing...on Saturday... searching frantically for a sturdy carry-on bag to stuff all of my goodies in...so that I could get them all home in one piece. I ended up buying a backpack on wheels! AND... then Kuranosuke pulled out gift bags stuffed with a big bag of macadamia nut cookies! It was Christmas in August!Ho...Ho...Ho... I had brought along a huge canvas book bag...which I had the bottle of champagne in...which came in handy in more ways than one...since I stuffed it with all of my Hawaiian gifts in order to get them back to the hotel.I left the hotel looking like Santa!I want to thank all of you who were there for the absolute wonderful time and all of the great gifts.It was FA-BU-Lous dawlings...just absolutely...FA-BU-Lous! Happy Travels!
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 10:26 AM

i only hope we will rate at least an 8 for you in boston in october...the party sounded wonderful...hope there will be pics for us to see...

looking forward to meeting you

bob
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 11:01 AM

sounds fabulous!
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 11:14 AM

Glad you had such a good tome. I, too, look forward to meeting you at the BOX GTG.
Carol
(hope you can come too, Gloria)
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 12:36 PM

As Bob said, it looks like the bar is set pretty high for our Boston GTG. None-the-less, I look forward to meeting you.
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 01:05 PM

sounds like a wonderful time
filled with laughter and aloha.
i am so sorry i missed this event.
hopefully , next time.
a hui ho
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Original Poster

Yeah, Dive Diva...we missed you. Oh, well, we'll just have to do it next summer again! Or maybe sooner than next summer! Happy Travels!
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Original Poster