Hongkong hotels

Nov 2nd, 1998, 06:45 PM
erwin

Hongkong hotels

I will be going to Hongkong early next year with my parents, me coming from Singapore and they coming from the Philippines. I would like to get some suggestions on the average-priced hotel in HK. I was there last 1996 and I stayed in a hotel in Kowloon (in front of Kimberly Hotel) and found it nice. I want to know some more options. I think I prefer Kowloon side hotels.

Nov 3rd, 1998, 01:45 PM
Kathy

Hi I work for United Airlines as an res agt and have been to Hong Kong 4times. Just this March I stayed in The Marriott. It is on the Hong Kong side but has a Metro in the shopping center underneath and it was abt 130.00 USD for 3 of us with 2 double beds and we got a Harbor View. 2yrs ago we stayed in the Kowloon Hotel 2 people 1 double bed nice hotel but sm rooms for abt the same price.This is behind the Peninsula on Nathan rd I have heard the YMCA across from Regent htl on Kowloon is really nice but very hard to get into. Also the UA crew stays in the Mirimar that is a bit up Nathan RD but rooms are big There are cheaper hotels but I think they may be crummy. Also Prudential is OK 1 of my friends stayed there and the is a Metro stop near. Hope this helps. Also the Marriott room was big and that is unusual in Hong Kong

Nov 3rd, 1998, 01:45 PM
Kathy

Hi I work for United Airlines as an res agt and have been to Hong Kong 4times. Just this March I stayed in The Marriott. It is on the Hong Kong side but has a Metro in the shopping center underneath and it was abt 130.00 USD for 3 of us with 2 double beds and we got a Harbor View. 2yrs ago we stayed in the Kowloon Hotel 2 people 1 double bed nice hotel but sm rooms for abt the same price.This is behind the Peninsula on Nathan rd I have heard the YMCA across from Regent htl on Kowloon is really nice but very hard to get into. Also the UA crew stays in the Mirimar that is a bit up Nathan RD but rooms are big There are cheaper hotels but I think they may be crummy. Also Prudential is OK 1 of my friends stayed there and the is a Metro stop near. Hope this helps. Also the Marriott room was big and that is unusual in Hong Kong

Nov 6th, 1998, 03:41 PM
Rand

Erwin-
I just came back on Monday from a trip to Hong Kong. Friends stayed at the Wesley on Hennesey in Wan Chai and liked it so much that they booked a return stay when they pass through HK again in 2 weeks. I know you said that you prefer the Kowloon side, but the Wesley is very near the Wan Chai MTR station. You can go from HK to Kowloon for about $5HK (about 65 cents US) and it is quick and a very clean, efficient subway. The current deal is about $73 US per night for small, but very adequate rooms. If you request it upon check in you can get a room with a decent harbor view--get as high as possible.

I also have found that some of the best hotel rates can be found via UTELL hotel booking. Sorry that I can't find the homepage address, but if you search for hotel bookings for HK, I think you'll find it.
Have fun!

Nov 27th, 1998, 06:33 PM
Frank

Dear Erwin,

If you have any contact with Hong Kong travel agencies, they can offer you very good rate as many of them are handling tours and they have volume discounts.

From what I heard amongst my friends coming here, you can get extremely good deal a few 5-star hotels. Regal Kowloon, which is in Tsimshatsui East - not particularly convenient but if you can follow the map, the underground is around 10 - 15 minutes walk. Royal Pacific is in Tsimshatsui, next to Ocean Centre and Ocean Terminal, and very close to the Kowloon Station Airport Rail Link (where you can check in and there are free buses taking you to the Hotel) one of the biggest shopping arcade here. But the rooms are a bit small. Hyatt Regency is the most convenient as the underground station is just in front of the hotel.

If you have problems identifying those agencies (actually not too difficult as they have a lot of ads. in local newspaper), let me know.

Details of the Hong Kong hotels can be found at the Hong Kong Tourist Association homepage.

Have a good stay here!

Frank

Nov 27th, 1998, 06:34 PM
Frank

Dear Erwin,

If you have any contact with Hong Kong travel agencies, they can offer you very good rate as many of them are handling tours and they have volume discounts.

From what I heard amongst my friends coming here, you can get extremely good deal a few 5-star hotels. Regal Kowloon, which is in Tsimshatsui East - not particularly convenient but if you can follow the map, the underground is around 10 - 15 minutes walk. Royal Pacific is in Tsimshatsui, next to Ocean Centre and Ocean Terminal, and very close to the Kowloon Station Airport Rail Link (where you can check in and there are free buses taking you to the Hotel) one of the biggest shopping arcade here. But the rooms are a bit small. Hyatt Regency is the most convenient as the underground station is just in front of the hotel.

If you have problems identifying those agencies (actually not too difficult as they have a lot of ads. in local newspaper), let me know.

Details of the Hong Kong hotels can be found at the Hong Kong Tourist Association homepage.

Have a good stay here!

Frank

Dec 1st, 1998, 04:27 AM
Veronica

Most of the hotels in HK are conveniently located, please let me know your budget and what are you going to do in HK

Dec 13th, 1998, 12:58 AM
Verona

I strongly recommend the YMCA at Salisbury road. You should go for the harbour view family suites which are excellent value. These have separate bedroom and living rooms which will be very suitable for you and your parents. However you need to make reservations in advance. Visit their website at www.ymcahk.org.