HongKong for 3 Days????

Oct 22nd, 2000, 01:13 PM
Jay

HongKong for 3 Days????

I am planning to spend 3 days in HongKong in Nov. any "must see's" or "must do's"

I would also like an idea of what hotel to stay at........

Oct 25th, 2000, 07:51 PM
Margie

One of the things that you must do in HongKong is go to the Night Market. It is a wonderful, wonderful place to buy small jade pieces to use as necklaces, etc. The prices are great, and buy a lot, as when you get back everyone will want one.

Oct 26th, 2000, 04:31 AM
Maya

I consider the following must do's for a first visit:
- Catching the Star ferry (it's pretty difficult to avoid doing this!)
- Watching the sun set from Victoria Peak. It's wonderful to see all the sky scrapers light up.
- Taking the bus to Stanley market. The market is no longer great, but the views from the bus ride are. The bus should take you past Aberdeen and along the beaches on the south of the island.
- Have dim sum.
- Catching a ferry to one of the other islands, eg Lantau. The views are great and you see a different side of Hong Kong.

For hotels, consider whether you prefer to be on the Kowloon side or on the island. Kowloon has the famous electrical shops, although few bargains are to be had, and the night market; however, I prefer being on the island.

Nov 18th, 2000, 12:22 PM
Mark

You must, must go the the Peak. Actually, you should go twice- day and night. Bring a good camera, or buy a panoramic disposible.

Take a day tour of HK Island.

Eat the best Chinese food in the world- have a dim sum lunch.

For a tourist, I suggest staying on Kowloon side, in Tsim Sha Tsui. Good location, lots of shopping, restaurants, hotels, etc.

Have fun! HK is a vibrant, fast moving place.

Nov 19th, 2000, 08:11 AM
Burt

Take funicular to the Peak for views and a wonderful meal, ride the Star Ferry and double-decker buses, shop till you drop, view fabulous HK city and harbour night skyline from the Regent Hotel on Kowloon side (reasonable (by HK standards) coffee shop downstairs has best views in town!, negotiate an inexpensive independant junk ride from Aberdeen Harbor to Lamma island for great seafood....for more ideas go to Explore Photo's Asian travel resources and photo galleries:http://www.explorephoto.com

Have fun!

Nov 21st, 2000, 03:41 PM
Angelo

I spent a year living in Hong Kong as an exchange student, and I can't think of place that I love to talk about more. I must be in the minority that thinks that a trip to the Peak isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Sure, Hong Kong has a breathtaking skyline, but, because of pollution and rainy weather, the Peak doesn't always do HK justice. Take the Star Ferry at night at least one time, and the Promenade at Tsim Sha Tsui is a great place to take photos and just admire Hong Kong (and its skyline) in all its glory (day or night). You must try dim sum and eat in the local Chinese restaurants. Don't forget about the Big Buddha statue on Lantau Island or the Night Market on Temple Street (as well as the market in Mong Kong for designer knock-offs). If you're really into shopping, you may want to consider buying a Chinese visa and hending to Shenzen across the border; it's cheaper than Hong Kong and has better quality when it comes to Chinese crafts and clothes. Hong Kong has awesome nightlife, and you can find the best clubs, bars, and other fun options in Lan Kwai Fung (which I believe is exit D of the Central MTR station). Whatever you do, I'm sure that you'll have fun--just walking the streets in Hong Kong is an experience.