Honeymoon Itinerary Help

Aug 10th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

Honeymoon Itinerary Help

We are planning a two week trip to Thailand in late November of this year. We've nailed down most of our itinerary but would like some suggestions for the mid section of our trip. We are late 30s looking for non-touristy, semi-adventurous activities. We like sight seeing and hiking and also like good food and culture. We are thinking Krabi and Railay Beach but not sure if that's too similar to what we'll experience in Koh Lanta? We don't want to spend too much time traveling.

November 16 - 19 Siem Reap/Ankor Wat
November 19 - 23 ???
November 23 - 28 Koh Lanta
November 28 - 30 Bangkok

Thanks!!
Aug 10th, 2014, 11:22 AM

I'd suggest that you have the perfect number of destinations right now. I'd add days to each of your locations.

You need three full days in Siem Reap just to see the major temples - that means 4 nights in Siem Reap. If you have only a moderate interest in the temples, that will likely be enough time for you. Do get a copy of Dawn Rooney's book: Angkor: A guide to Cambodia's Wondrous Temples to prepare for your trip. So if you arrive in Siem Reap on Nov 16, you would need to leave on the 20th to get three full days. Don't count your travel days.

From there, I'd suggest you go to Koh Lanta. It will take you basically all day to get from Siem Reap to Koh Lanta. If you want 5 days at the beach, you need to schedule 6 nights there. From Koh Lanta, go to Bangkok. Bangkok has so much to see/do/experience and such fabulous food you'll want more time there.

And I think you are wise not to spend too much time traveling. Three locations for your trip is just perfect.
Aug 10th, 2014, 03:40 PM

more time in bkk... one more day in SR.
Aug 10th, 2014, 05:07 PM

If you keep your itinerary then I like to suggest Chiang Mai or the North of Thailand for Nov 19 - 23. The weather will be nice, cool with low humidity, and the culture, food and architectures will be different from all the other places you will be going on this trip. Great time of year to be in the North of Thailand.
Aug 10th, 2014, 08:26 PM

Chiang Mai for your ???
Aug 11th, 2014, 05:34 AM

CM is touristy and adds another 2 flights.

Just add on Krabi or Trang. Close to Lanta. Krabi Town and Trang Town have great food.

Can hike at Phanom Bencha NP

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attrac...ravelerReviews

www.Yourkrabi.com has other ideas
Aug 12th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Great! Thanks everyone. Any suggestions for where to stay if we do end up in Krabi for a few days??