Honeymoon in Tahiti

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 04:23 AM
Jackie

Honeymoon in Tahiti

We are planning our honeymoon for late august and are very interested in Tahiti and Moorea. We know we would like to stay in an overwater bungalow. Has anyone stayed at The Beachcomer Parkroyal in Tahiti or the new Shearton on Moorea. So far, these are our choices, but I would like some suggestions or warnings! We abosultely would like the bungalow to be clean and have a bathroom. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 03:00 PM
Niki

Hi Jackie,

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials! My husband and I got married in French Polynesia last year and it was one of the most romantic places we've ever been. We stayed at the Parkroyal Resort while we were in Tahiti and it's really pretty. They have a spectacular "infinity pool" and their bungalows really evoke the feeling of the islands without losing any sense of luxury.

Moorea is also stunning (stayed at the Park Royal there as well) but much quieter. The ParkRoyal in Moorea isn't as pretty as the one in Tahiti (a few other luxury hotels are prettier) but it's definitely one of the island's top five hotels. Moorea was a great place to rent scooters and tour around during the day - not much traffic and terrific views.

The most beautiful island of all is Bora Bora (we got married on the beach there) and I think the nicest hotel on that island is Le Meridien. We stayed at the Sofitel which was almost as fabulous and it was amazing to see the dolphins swim up under the overwater bungalows. Out of this world.

Hints for you: if your company has any offices in the pacific rim, they may have a corporate rate at the parkroyal hotels - I called our Australia office and they gave me the corporate discount number - this cut our costs in half. Great pics of the parkroyal hotels at www.sphc.com.au

Le Meridien (www.lemeridien.com) does offer decent discounts and they have two of the most beautiful hotels in the islands (Tahiti & Bora Bora). They currently have a two 4 one special that reduces the overwater bungalows to US$300/night - definitely worth it.

Anyway, I hope this helps a bit and good luck planning your special escape.

Cheers

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 03:27 PM
Prue

Jackie, if you were to check the Australia/Pacific Forum you will find lots more information regarding Tahiti and Moorea.

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 09:59 AM
Stirling

Hi, Jackie,
We had our honeymoon in Moorea at Club Med. It was a dream. Beautiful accommodations, the water is amazing, and the food was really great. I think they still have a combination where you can do Bora Bora and Moorea in the same week...people I talked to said Bora Bora was even better - very small and intimate. This was 1984 and there was a bad storm after we left, so I'm not sure if Club Med still has a place on Bora Bora.

But I must say, you will love it - wherever you end up staying. The air is warm and smells of jasmine.

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Ursula

Stirling: Club Med still has Moorea and Bora Bora in its catalogue. And you're correct, Bora Bora must be outstanding from what I heard. the good thing about Club Med is, that they offer a lot, but they will not force you to participate if you are not interested. They also offer nice evening entertainment, whereas very upscale hotels tend to be somewhat boring in the evenings. They adjust their entertainment to the public in each village and the ones in Tahiti are favourite honeymoon destinations also for Europeans. A friend of mine was on honeymoon in Moorea too, and she really loved it and told me the bungalows were clean and very comfortable.
Jackie, just have a look at Club Med site at:
www.clubmed.com