HONEYMOON IN AUGUST, WILL IT RAIN ON OUR PARADE

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiance' and I are planning our honeymoon adventure for Thailand, after our wedding this August. Is this a good time to go since its considered the "low" season, or will we get rained out of fun filled adventures. If this time is horrendous for travel, we are willing to push our dates back. We plan to travel from Aug. 6th - 21st. Anyone out there ever travel thru Thailand at this time?
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 05:37 PM

Where in Thailand are you going? Thailand is affected by two different monsoon systems, so there is usually some place that is drier. In August, it's low season fro Phuket/Krabi etc, because it's rainy. The Koh Samui side has good weather in August and it's high season there.
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 07:07 PM

It might in Bangkok. That's one time of the year that I go. It's unpredictable although I have overall had very good weather then.

However, last August I zipped over to one of the malls and when I got there the weather was beautiful. When I came out it was raining like I had never seen rain before and I've seen some serious rain in different part of the world.Traffic was at standstill and the streets pretty flooded. It usually doesn't last that long though.

That's one reason why it's good to be near a skytrain station in Bangkok. I left the mall...Gaysorn... which is connected to the skytrain covered walkway and jumped on the skytrain and went back to my serviced apartment building which is connected to a mall and never got wet since I was covered the whole way home. Happy Travels!
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 04:51 AM

I've also been in Thailand at this time of year. Yes, we had some rain. Like guenmai says, it helps a lot of you are near a BTS station so you don't get wet in a downpour. I got "stuck" inside at Platinum Mall (in the Pratunam area) and finally managed to get a taxi, but got pretty wet trying!! The downpours are pretty impressive! But they don't last forever, and it isn't every day.
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 05:37 AM

Rain is likely, but you can still have lots of fun. If you're going to a beach, go to Ko Samui. It's not the rainy season there. The choice is when you want to go. mid-November-February is the high season because the weather is best. Many have had great trips in August. You choose.