Reload this Page >

Honeymoon advice? Bali?

Search

Honeymoon advice? Bali?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Sabine

Honeymoon advice? Bali?

Hi! We just got married in Italy and we are trying to decide on a honeymoon destination... my #1 choice is Bali but my husband doesn't feel like it is a "safe" country. We have traveled all over the world and we want to go to a beautiful/special destination but it can't be a tinny island with nothing else to do than just laying on the beach... we ended up with island fever in the Cayman Islands. Bali just sounds wonderful. Thailand and French Polynesia are on the list too. Any advice? Thank you!

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 08:43 PM
RU

I visited Bali in 2000.It,s really wonderful there.Because it,s a island for tourist.it,s surely safe.People there are very friendly.You can see the different culture and something amazing there.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 10:10 PM
Andrea

Bali is absolutely safe for tourists. My husband and I were there in May - we're in our late 20's & early 30's. I'd be happy to reply to him & answer any other security (or other) questions if you or he wants to send me an e-mail. <BR><BR>It's a fabulous place, and you will NOT have any problem finding non-beach activities - if anything, it's hard to have a relaxing-on-the-beach-only vacation in Bali because there is so much to see and do!

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Kathie

Bali is quite safe. Remember that it is Hindu, not Muslim, so is very different culturally from thte rest of Indonesia. <BR><BR>Bali has lots to do, so you won't get bored sitting on the beach. French Polynesia is lovely - Bora Bora is my idea of paradise. But there is even less to do there than on Grand Cayman (I've been there too). Thailand is also a viable option. There are dozens of areas to choose from, and there are many beautiful luxury hotels at all of the beach towns of any size. There is also a lot to do in Thailand. You might want to take a look at a guidebook for Thailand and one for Bali, then post some specific questions for people to answer.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 11:26 PM
Ratna

Warm greetings from Bali!<BR> <BR>We have a semi-boutique hotel, Villa Seri, located just outside of Kuta (Seminyak area.) Our hotel is very private and romantic and we have packages for honeymooner's or romantic holidays. <BR> <BR>For more information about Villa Seri, please look at our website at http://www.villaseri.com and let me know if you have any further questions. <BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 04:47 AM
ryan

As previously mentioned, Bali is safe. Other parts of Indonesia are not, but the Balinease are ethnic Hindu's, not Muslims. We went in April 2000 when the problems in East Timor were going on. We didn't encounter any kind of problems.<BR><BR>Even though I'm an American, I found the best source of information on safety and current political conditions to be the website for the Australian state department and their section on travel advisories. Given their proxmity to Bali and the large number of Aussies who go there, it's likely to be the most comprehenvise advisory.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 01:24 PM
Reia

Bali is indeed a beautiful place. Another destination you could consider is Phuket, in Thailand. Its safe to go and its an interesting place like Bali too. From Phuket you can go to other smaller islands like Phi-Phi (where they filmed the movie THE BEACH) or the famed Jame's Bond Island as well. <BR>Whether its Bali or Phuket, just make sure you haggle with the shopkeepers when you purchase things! Prices can be brought down much lower than you think. But not at food places though.