Reload this Page >

Transport from Airport to Kowloon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 11:57 PM
Bridget

Anyone know what/how I can find out about the cost of trains vs buses to get from Hong Kong to Kowloon (I think that's the area to pick up the ferry to Macau) and whether they accept credit card for payment? Thanks, Bridget.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 12:09 AM
Ursula

Bridget:<BR>You should be able to find all necessary information at the web page of HK's airport which, BTW, is great.<BR>http://www.hkairport.com/eng/mainpage/index.jsp

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 04:03 AM
Larry

Bridget--<BR>The train from the airport to Kowloon is 90HK dollars (approx. 11.50US). You can exchange a few dollars at the airport and get a train ticket from a machine or there is a desk that sells them at the airport. When you get to the Kowloon station you can take a free bus to the area hotels. If you take the #3 bus to the Royal Pacific Hotel,the ferry terminal is right next to it.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 12:51 PM
Gary

If you're talking about the hydrofoil, it leaves from HK Island, Central I think, but check at a hotel or at an airport service counter/info counter.<BR><BR>Takes a bit less than one hour - you'll love Macau.<BR><BR>Gary<BR><BR>PS: Also consider taking a ferry to Lantau Island for a break from the congestion and noise of HK.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 01:30 PM
Bridget

Thanks ever so much for the information - much appreciated. It proves much more cost effective to buy transport in Hong Kong!