Hoi An restaurant

Search

Hoi An restaurant

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoi An restaurant

What recent experiences have you had at Hoi An restaurants, especially upscale ones?
Old Nov 15th, 2019, 06:55 PM

Cô Mai; 2 Nguyen Thai Hoc (left of the market), owner Didier Corlou, mot famous Chef in Vietnam, of Porte d'Annam, Madame Hien and La Verticale in Hanoi
Dao Tien, 19 Pham Boi Chau (left of th big bridge), with very elegant terrace on the river
Secret Garden, 60 Le Loi in the middle of Old Hoi An
Old Nov 18th, 2019, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Larsay.... secret garden is already on my list
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

Update?
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 02:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm taking note of these as well. Last time we were in Hoi An, in September, 2000, we walked into this little hole in the wall for lunch. We each had two Heinekens and each ordered a main dish and rice, cannot remember what we ate but it was good. The lady proprietor was very taken with my Handspring PDA (remember those? sort of like a Palm Pilot). Anyway, the bill for both of us worked out to $4.00 and change! The beers must have cost more than that! I have a feeling it's not quite that cheap anymore.
Old Dec 13th, 2019, 05:05 AM

We had fabulous time dining at Restaurant Tuan.all food we order very delicous,The owner Vicky was super friendly and hospitable and made our dining experience wonderful. I highly recommend this place if you want to try affordable and tasty local and western cuisine.
Old Dec 18th, 2019, 05:30 PM

For the fine dining part, I know two that may be deemed the best. The first one is Aubergine49 Restaurant on Ly Thai To street, a bit far from the river though. The food brings a very high-standard and the staff is super friendly and attentive. The second is Prime Steakhouse (84 Nguyen Phuc Tan), if you're fond of steak then you'll not be disappointed. The price is high of course, but it matches the extremely well-cooked steak (plus there is blue cheese, who wouldn't die for some blue cheese?).

For a more locally authentic dining, then I'd highly recommend Tra Que Restaurant. First off, the location is very unique and has beautiful scenery. It's in Tra Que village where they grow vegetables and herbs -stuff used in many restaurants in Hoi An. Overall it has excellent vegan and vegetarian choices. It also has very high review so you definitely wanna check this out.