Help with Da Nang, Vietnam

Old Jan 28th, 2019, 07:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Da Nang, Vietnam

We just arrived last night for our first time in Vietnam. We did just spend 3 weeks in Bangkok,Chiang Mai and Pai, Thialand and thoroughly enjoyed it.
However we are booked in at the Hung Anh hotel 2 bocks from the beach on Vo Van Kiet.
went for a walk last evening to find a spot to eat and checked on several which were really disgusting with trash all over the floors. We did find a lounge just near our Hotel and it was very nice and great staff so will go back
went for another walk this morning to check out the area and found trash everywhere along the streets.
just wondering is this typical or am I in a bad area. We were so impressed driving in from the airport around 8 PM it looked lovely and now this. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Old Jan 29th, 2019, 12:16 AM

I confess Da Nang is not my favourite place in the country, even if has been voted as the city with the best quality of life for many years.

The last time there we were ther was to meet up with some friends from NYC so only stayed for a couple of nights. I cant recall the name of the palce we stayed at but it was close to the beach, probably in the same sort of area. I do recall much of it being a bit of building site along the beach road area, but no problems with trash as such. I think that you have just chosen a bad area - it happens!

The seafood restaurants along the beach, for which the place is famous, didn’t look great so we didn’t bother. Instead we headed into the the city centre (cheap and easy by taxi) and found some really good places to eat.

If it were me, I think I would just cut my losses and head on to Hue or Hoi An both of which have far more to offer.
Old Jan 29th, 2019, 12:30 AM

We couldn't fall in love with the Beach area either, and found the town, particularly close to the river and the Dragon Bridge absolutely fine.

Had 5 nights there at the very inexpensive and comfortable Rainbow Hotel facing the river, freshly cooked breakfast from a small set menu delivered to the bedroom, and yomped on the terrace looking out to the river. All for £16 a night for 2.

If you're heading to Hue next, there's a train at 0835 every morning. Book the day before, sit on the right hand side for the views. 3rd Class is really a true Vietnam experience, with great views as there's no dirty windows to look through.

Last edited by LancasterLad; Jan 29th, 2019 at 12:32 AM.